Child Domain

Hello -

I recently created a child domain to our Corporate domain
(child.corporate.local). I installed DNS on the new child DC's and made one
a GC.

Are there any settings or configurations in particular that I need to set,
IE in DNS etc...

Thanks -

Sean
2 answers Last reply
More about child domain

    Should all work assuming client PCs are pointing to DNS in your AD.

    Brian Desmond
    Windows Server MVP
    desmondb@payton.cps.k12.il.us

    Http://www.briandesmond.com

    "HelpPls" <smd6169@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hello -
    >
    > I recently created a child domain to our Corporate domain
    > (child.corporate.local). I installed DNS on the new child DC's and made
    one
    > a GC.
    >
    > Are there any settings or configurations in particular that I need to set,
    > IE in DNS etc...
    >
    > Thanks -
    >
    > Sean

    Hi

    Depending on your environment, you may want to configure forwarders to
    corporate.local DNS servers and create a delegation in the corporate.local
    zone for child. Machines in child.corporate.local need to be able to find
    _msdcs.corporate.local (assuming this corporate.local is the forest root
    domain).

    Another approach would be to configure secondary zones of
    _msdcs.corporate.local on the DNS servers in child.

    It really depends how you want to deal with cross domain name resolution and
    whether you need external name resolution too.

    Kind regards
    --
    Mark Renoden [MSFT]
    Windows Platform Support Team

    "HelpPls" <smd6169@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hello -
    >
    > I recently created a child domain to our Corporate domain
    > (child.corporate.local). I installed DNS on the new child DC's and made
    > one a GC.
    >
    > Are there any settings or configurations in particular that I need to set,
    > IE in DNS etc...
    >
    > Thanks -
    >
    > Sean

Internet Explorer Domain Microsoft DNS Active Directory Windows