Active Directory Domain

Hello,

I currently have a server named MAPLES (domain) which is under (we will say)
tester.com domain, this server is a fully functional DHCP and FILE server.

so. under active directory users and computers it is listed as

tester.com

Is there any way I can change this without uninstalling AD?

Regards,
Jordan
2 answers Last reply
More about active directory domain

    With Windows 2000 Server, no. If your domain is a Windows Server 2003
    domain, you can rename it using the Domain Rename utility supplied on the
    Windows Server 2003 CD.
    Regards

    Oli

    "Jordan Samulaitis" <jordan@jvsDELETEnetworks.com> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > I currently have a server named MAPLES (domain) which is under (we will
    > say)
    > tester.com domain, this server is a fully functional DHCP and FILE server.
    >
    > so. under active directory users and computers it is listed as
    >
    > tester.com
    >
    > Is there any way I can change this without uninstalling AD?
    >
    > Regards,
    > Jordan

    If you have W2K3 you can use rendom, more info here:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/downloads/domainrename.mspx

    Regards,
    /Jimmy
    --
    Jimmy Andersson, Q Advice AB
    Microsoft MVP - Directory Services

    "Jordan Samulaitis" <jordan@jvsDELETEnetworks.com> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > I currently have a server named MAPLES (domain) which is under (we will
    > say)
    > tester.com domain, this server is a fully functional DHCP and FILE server.
    >
    > so. under active directory users and computers it is listed as
    >
    > tester.com
    >
    > Is there any way I can change this without uninstalling AD?
    >
    > Regards,
    > Jordan

Domain Active Directory Servers Windows