Software Installation

Hi

I have a problem and wonder if you guys can help. I have a DC running AD.
Within AD I have several OU's all with different policies. This works fine.

I want to use the software installation feature of Group Policy. However,
when I have added my package and it displays in GP fine, it never deploys
itself to the client machine. I have ran gpupdate and restarted both server
and client machines but it just doesnt work!

I have added the package under "Computer Configuration" not "User
Configuration".

Any tips/ideas?

TIA
Oli

Have you shared the installation folder and made sure it's accessible for
the clients?

Regards,
/Jimmy
--
Jimmy Andersson, Q Advice AB
Microsoft MVP - Directory Services

"Oli" <oli@NOSPAMoliwoods.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I have a problem and wonder if you guys can help. I have a DC running AD.
> Within AD I have several OU's all with different policies. This works
> fine.
>
> I want to use the software installation feature of Group Policy. However,
> when I have added my package and it displays in GP fine, it never deploys
> itself to the client machine. I have ran gpupdate and restarted both
> server and client machines but it just doesnt work!
>
> I have added the package under "Computer Configuration" not "User
> Configuration".
>
> Any tips/ideas?
>
> TIA
> Oli

Hi Jimmy,

Yes it is both shared and accessible by the client (once logged in as a
client i can simply do \\server\share and the contents of the folder are
fully visible)

Any other suggestions?

TIA
oli

Have you given read access to the "Domain Computers" group to the share and
folders?

Oli

> Hi Jimmy,
>
> Yes it is both shared and accessible by the client (once logged in as a
> client i can simply do \\server\share and the contents of the folder are
> fully visible)
>
> Any other suggestions?
>
> TIA
> oli

Yes, but do the computer have access to it?

Regards,
/Jimmy
--
Jimmy Andersson, Q Advice AB
Microsoft MVP - Directory Services
---------- www.qadvice.com ----------

"Oli" <oli@NOSPAMoliwoods.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi Jimmy,
>
> Yes it is both shared and accessible by the client (once logged in as a
> client i can simply do \\server\share and the contents of the folder are
> fully visible)
>
> Any other suggestions?
>
> TIA
> oli

Hello Oli
When you assign a software packages to the computer configuration level
within a GPO. The computer account is used to install the packages during
the startup of the particular computer. This requires the effected computers
account must be available to access the package source over the network.
Check both Share Permission and NTFS Security.

--
Regards
Christoffer Andersson