X800 GTO AGP vs. X800 LE AGP

Slava

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2002
Guys,

You already offered your advice re: replacing my girlfirend's dying 9800 PRO. Everyone agreed that my best bet would be Sapphire Radeon X800 GTO. Problem is I cannot find it at any online retailers I trust (for example, it is sold out on NewEgg).

So while I was looking around I found a refurbished ATI X800 LE (Okay. I meant X800 XL, not LE) for US$119.00

It actually seems that X800 XL is better than X800 GTO since the GTO is based on the XL but instead of XL's 16 pipes the GTO has only 12.

Please advise.
Much appreciated.

AH, good to see you GW. Man I was wondering how I missed a X800le. :D

Funny thing is that there is an OEM specific LE, and it's like the other crap card it sounds like the SE, and really looking at Slava's post, I thought WTF is he talking about the LE is worse than the GTO it has 8 pipes!

But GW caught the mistake, and yes the XL is better than an unmoded GTO, and after that it's all academic.

pauldh

Illustrious
Intersting Grape. SO is it an OEM SE or is there a slight clock speed variation? Is it 256-bit? Kinda a low clocked X800GT? I've never happened upon one of them for sale.

Slava

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2002
Okay, you got me. :oops: Sorry. "LE" was a typo. So, what's the verdict? Should I get that refurbished XL? It is from ATI. Just how reliable are refurbished graphics cards on a scale from 1 to to 10?

Intersting Grape. SO is it an OEM SE or is there a slight clock speed variation? Is it 256-bit? Kinda a low clocked X800GT? I've never happened upon one of them for sale.

Probably some clock variations, what I remember is that is was in that 'don't go near SE range' where I didn't take much note other than to avoid!

pauldh

Illustrious
I trust refurbs directly from ATI way more than from any other site. They come with a long warranty. Two of mine actually came with a 3 year warranty and were rumored to be new leftover cards.

That said, the X800XL refurb is $119+$15 shipping. Instead, I recently ordered the new X850 pro which is $139 and free shipping. Peformance is nealy identical, so for $5 more the new X850 pro won out. Plus it should OC better I hope. But I am in no hurry to get it either. It won't ship for a couple weeks though just as the X800XL once said. Either card is a good deal in AGP.

TRENDING THREADS