Application Event Error: Userenv

My Application Event Viewer is filling up with the error: Source: Userenv,
Event ID 1000, "Windows cannot determine the user or computer name. Return
value (1332)." The server is setup on my network as an additional domain
controller with Active Directory Integrated DNS. Any help in regards to this
problem would be deeply appreciated.
Thank you.
Al
4 answers Last reply
More about application event error userenv

    circa Sun, 5 Dec 2004 13:33:02 -0800, in
    microsoft.public.win2000.active_directory, =?Utf-8?B?QWxib25p?=
    (Alboni@discussions.microsoft.com) said,

    > My Application Event Viewer is filling up with the error: Source: Userenv,
    > Event ID 1000, "Windows cannot determine the user or computer name. Return
    > value (1332)." The server is setup on my network as an additional domain
    > controller with Active Directory Integrated DNS. Any help in regards to this
    > problem would be deeply appreciated.
    > Thank you.
    > Al

    From which computer or user account is the event listed as
    originating?

    Laura
    -Oscar Wilde

    Thank you for your reply.
    This is from the system's administrator account.

    "Laura A. Robinson" wrote:

    > circa Sun, 5 Dec 2004 13:33:02 -0800, in
    > microsoft.public.win2000.active_directory, =?Utf-8?B?QWxib25p?=
    > (Alboni@discussions.microsoft.com) said,
    > >
    > > My Application Event Viewer is filling up with the error: Source: Userenv,
    > > Event ID 1000, "Windows cannot determine the user or computer name. Return
    > > value (1332)." The server is setup on my network as an additional domain
    > > controller with Active Directory Integrated DNS. Any help in regards to this
    > > problem would be deeply appreciated.
    > > Thank you.
    > > Al
    > >
    > From which computer or user account is the event listed as
    > originating?
    >
    > Laura
    > --
    > Experience is the name every one gives to their mistakes.
    > -Oscar Wilde

    circa Sun, 5 Dec 2004 16:33:01 -0800, in
    microsoft.public.win2000.active_directory, =?Utf-8?B?QWxib25p?=
    (Alboni@discussions.microsoft.com) said,
    > Thank you for your reply.
    > This is from the system's administrator account.

    And this error is only appearing on the one server, correct?

    Laura
    -Oscar Wilde

    Do you think it is a corrupted computer account?

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;329708

    Could also be a rights issue, with the machine not having hte rights
    nessesary to access the computer from the network.

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;262958

    Here is another possible cause.
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;261007

    Try running NETDIAG on both the DC's and the workstaitons and see if they
    produce any issues.

    Thanks,

    Todd Myrick

Active Directory Windows