NTDS Replication

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
December 5, 2004 5:15:06 PM

I am receiving a warning: Source: NTDS Replication, Event ID: 1586. This
takes place on an additional domain controller on my network. There is no
information available on the Microsoft Event Errors site. I find that Active
Directory adjustments on the domain controller don't always replicate to this
additional domain controller.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Thank you.
Al

More about : ntds replication

Anonymous
December 6, 2004 11:10:49 AM

Al,

http://www.eventid.net had three entries related to your event id.

http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=1586&eventno...

Todd Myrick

"Alboni" <Alboni@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am receiving a warning: Source: NTDS Replication, Event ID: 1586. This
> takes place on an additional domain controller on my network. There is no
> information available on the Microsoft Event Errors site. I find that
> Active
> Directory adjustments on the domain controller don't always replicate to
> this
> additional domain controller.
> Any advice would be appreciated.
> Thank you.
> Al
Anonymous
December 6, 2004 12:24:43 PM

Hi

It's easier for us to help if you provide the event description as well.

What sort of environment is this? Windows 2000/2003? Upgraded from NT?
Are there still NT BDC's?

What service packs are your DC's sitting on?

Possibly relevant:

326855 XADM: Active Directory Replication Does Not Succeed After You Run
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=326855

269417 Event 1586 Message: The Checkpoint with the PDC Was Unsuccessful
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=269417

HTH
--
Mark Renoden [MSFT]