NTDS Replication

I am receiving a warning: Source: NTDS Replication, Event ID: 1586. This
takes place on an additional domain controller on my network. There is no
information available on the Microsoft Event Errors site. I find that Active
Directory adjustments on the domain controller don't always replicate to this
additional domain controller.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Thank you.
Al
2 answers Last reply
More about ntds replication

    Al,

    http://www.eventid.net had three entries related to your event id.

    http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=1586&eventno=781&source=NTDS%20Replication&phase=1

    Todd Myrick

    "Alboni" <Alboni@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I am receiving a warning: Source: NTDS Replication, Event ID: 1586. This
    > takes place on an additional domain controller on my network. There is no
    > information available on the Microsoft Event Errors site. I find that
    > Active
    > Directory adjustments on the domain controller don't always replicate to
    > this
    > additional domain controller.
    > Any advice would be appreciated.
    > Thank you.
    > Al

    Hi

    It's easier for us to help if you provide the event description as well.

    What sort of environment is this? Windows 2000/2003? Upgraded from NT?
    Are there still NT BDC's?

    What service packs are your DC's sitting on?

    Possibly relevant:

    326855 XADM: Active Directory Replication Does Not Succeed After You Run
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=326855

    269417 Event 1586 Message: The Checkpoint with the PDC Was Unsuccessful
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=269417

    HTH
    --
    Mark Renoden [MSFT]
    Windows Platform Support Team

    "Alboni" <Alboni@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I am receiving a warning: Source: NTDS Replication, Event ID: 1586. This
    > takes place on an additional domain controller on my network. There is no
    > information available on the Microsoft Event Errors site. I find that
    > Active
    > Directory adjustments on the domain controller don't always replicate to
    > this
    > additional domain controller.
    > Any advice would be appreciated.
    > Thank you.
    > Al

Microsoft Domain Controller Active Directory Windows