Distinguished
Jun 30, 2006
CPU: FX55 clocked @ 2.8
mobo: Abit AN8 32x
GPU: single 7900GTX clocked @ 675
RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR 400 (PC 3200) 2 x 512MB 2-3-2-6
sound card: retarded creative's cheapest X-fi

monitor: dell 1600 X1050 20", its not expensive only $375 free shipped

okay guys, i am no professinoal/expert, just wanna play my games @ the most possible ideal quality...

i just build the system around April this year, i dont think that vista will be the sh!t to wait for, just another window with better graphics "should had done that in year 2000/2001", DX10 so what? they will have DX11, 12 so on.... just like Fanl Fantasy/Mitsubishi Evo/Subaru Sti/Sony Playstions, i want my rig now! and possible upgrade once or twice when it would no longer do what i need it to do.... then after 2 ~ 3 years of abuse, start a new rig!!

usually i look for prices on >>>
techbargains.com
ebay.com
froogle.com
pricegrabber.com
bestbuys.com << NOT bestbuy, its bestbuys!
usually then it will lead me to amazon.com or newegg.com or some others like overclocker

but for now
1) did i bought the right ram to go with the cpu and gpu?? am i getting bottleneck?? abit's mobo seems okay still taiwan... cheaper than asus's selling it cheaper in aisa (i am chinese so i know, already check with Hong Kong local store) i am living in SF (in case ya wonder why am i posting here)

2) should i or do i need more ram to max out the frame rate or does it really matter?

3) related to the above, if i do get 1 more gig (same ram or different rams) , would it help when i run Sli when i have more money to burn? besides getting stoned (did i just typed?)

4) if i go with 2 gigs set up instead of 1 gigs, which company should i go for RAM that would goes well with the GPU and CPU? and i dont think my mobo would support DDR2... would DDR2 be more benefits toward SLi set up?? can FX55 run DDR2??

i know some of the quesitons aren't actually graphical related, but i seriously needed help in multi area.....

thankyou guys!!! TG !!

cleeve

Illustrious
1) did i bought the right ram to go with the cpu and gpu?? am i getting bottleneck?? abit's mobo seems okay still taiwan... cheaper than asus's selling it cheaper in aisa (i am chinese so i know, already check with Hong Kong local store) i am living in SF (in case ya wonder why am i posting here)

RAM looks fine, decent latencies.

2) should i or do i need more ram to max out the frame rate or does it really matter?

More ram won't give you a higher framerate, it'll make load times faster though. A gig is still pretty darn decent.

3) related to the above, if i do get 1 more gig (same ram or different rams) , would it help when i run Sli when i have more money to burn? besides getting stoned (did i just typed?)

2gb wouldn't help with SLI, it'd just make load times fgaster, & probably less 'skipping' during loading.

4) if i go with 2 gigs set up instead of 1 gigs, which company should i go for RAM that would goes well with the GPU and CPU? and i dont think my mobo would support DDR2... would DDR2 be more benefits toward SLi set up?? can FX55 run DDR2??

Just get the RAM with the best latencies you can find.

sailer

Splendid
CPU: FX55 clocked @ 2.8
mobo: Abit AN8 32x
GPU: single 7900GTX clocked @ 675
RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR 400 (PC 3200) 2 x 512MB 2-3-2-6
sound card: retarded creative's cheapest X-fi

monitor: dell 1600 X1050 20", its not expensive only $375 free shipped

Don't worry about DDR2. Your CPU/motherboard doesn't support it. Depending on what you're doing, 2 gig might be a help, might not. Either way, as Cleeve wrote, look for the best latencies you can find.

mf_fm

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2006
best latencies???

it might sound stupid, but what actually is "best" for latencies??

a set of higher this 2-3-2-6 number???

DDR400 or higher??