Please advise on a Budget, Non-Gaming Build

Z00

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2006
Hello,

I am looking to upgrade my computer on a budget. Right now I am running a P4 2.26GHZ, 512mb RAM, Cheap ECS MoBo with onboard sound and video.

After doing some reading on the forums, I was thinking about purchasing this;
Motherboard

CPU

RAM

Will this CPU be a lot faster than my P4 2.26? I'm not really sure how Intel compares to AMD. At this point I am not planning on doing any overclocking, but I may be interested down the line.

Can you recommend a cheap video card? I don't play any games. I was hoping for something $50 or less.

I am also looking for a quiet, clean, cheap case w/ PSU. I like the Antec SONATA II, but it is a little more than I was planning to spend. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks

1Tanker

Splendid
Apr 28, 2006
Hello,

I am looking to upgrade my computer on a budget. Right now I am running a P4 2.26GHZ, 512mb RAM, Cheap ECS MoBo with onboard sound and video.

After doing some reading on the forums, I was thinking about purchasing this;
Motherboard

CPU

RAM

Will this CPU be a lot faster than my P4 2.26? I'm not really sure how Intel compares to AMD. At this point I am not planning on doing any overclocking, but I may be interested down the line.

Can you recommend a cheap video card? I don't play any games. I was hoping for something $50 or less.

I am also looking for a quiet, clean, cheap case w/ PSU. I like the Antec SONATA II, but it is a little more than I was planning to spend. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks
What do you use your computer for? If you just surf the web, and send e-mails, your current machine should suffice.

Z00

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2006
Thanks for the reply's. You guy's are right I don't really need an upgrade at this time. I am probably gonna hold off for a while.