Sign in with
Your question

Question about SATA connectors

Last response: in Components
June 30, 2006 3:32:21 AM

I'm looking at this PSU: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E1681...

It seems like a good fit for my system, 520W SUSTAINED power is pretty nice IMO, 26A on the +12V rail, modular, and I actually like the design (well, besides the UV reactive cables and blue LEDs- not cool for a rig with a red/black theme).

My only question is, it only has 2 SATA power connectors. I will have 3-4 SATA HDs. Is there a way around this or should I go searching for another PSU?
June 30, 2006 4:03:38 AM

Your hardrives will come with cables which you plug into the peripheral plugs and then into your hardrive. you will have no problem.
June 30, 2006 5:09:22 AM

Quote:
Your hardrives will come with cables which you plug into the peripheral plugs and then into your hardrive. you will have no problem.

most HDD's are OEM.
Related resources
June 30, 2006 5:33:59 AM

Quote:

most HDD's are OEM.

Yeah, that's the problem... all three of my HDs thus far are OEM.:-(
June 30, 2006 4:54:59 PM

np
June 30, 2006 5:32:41 PM

I have 3 sata hard drives, one is powered through a molex (the Raptor) and the other two (Caviar SE16) get their juice from a single molex converted to 2 x sata power. Will work fine, but I had to do it that way because the modular cables on the Hiper are set up kinda funny - very good PSU though.
!