Remove DC after server is gone

loren

Distinguished
May 18, 2004

I have a DC that has been turned off for 6 months, but was never demoted or
taken out of AD. I need to demote it and remove it from AD now, but when I
turn it on, it does not replicate. In fact, from what I have read, it would
be bad to replicate it at this point. How do I remove it from AD and remove
it as a DC?

Thanks.

"Loren" <Loren@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a DC that has been turned off for 6 months, but was never demoted
or
> taken out of AD. I need to demote it and remove it from AD now, but when
> turn it on, it does not replicate. In fact, from what I have read, it
would
> be bad to replicate it at this point. How do I remove it from AD and
remove
> it as a DC?

DCPromo to remove it as a DC -- SP3+ or 4 required
if you need (probably will) the DCPromo /forcedremoval switch.

For the cleanup of the AD on the other DCs Google:

[ NTDSUtil.exe "metadata cleanup" remove dc domain ]

TRENDING THREADS