Reset security to default AD permissions

About 18 months ago I setup our first and only Win2k Active Directory domain.
Over the first few months I went through and "tweaked" the security so that
some groups on our domain couldn't see other user accounts. I ended up
really messing it up, but evently got to work for what I needed it to do.
Now I'm trying to setup Exchange Server 2003 and my previous security
"tweaks" are really causing lots of problems, plus I discovered that I don't
really need them anyway. So now I need to undo all of my security changes
and would really like to just simply reset the domain to the default
settings. Is there a tool or process to do this quickly? In case I didn't
make this clear before this has nothing to with NTFS or GPO but rather the AD
security. Thanks in advance, Christopher

You can use dsacls with the /s option, it will restore the security to the
default for that object class.

Regards,
/Jimmy
--
Jimmy Andersson, Q Advice AB
Microsoft MVP - Directory Services

"Christopher Lang" <Christopher Lang@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:DDD136EB-5E4C-45B4-A46B-6ADCBFF2D473@microsoft.com...
> About 18 months ago I setup our first and only Win2k Active Directory
> domain.
> Over the first few months I went through and "tweaked" the security so
> that
> some groups on our domain couldn't see other user accounts. I ended up
> really messing it up, but evently got to work for what I needed it to do.
> Now I'm trying to setup Exchange Server 2003 and my previous security
> "tweaks" are really causing lots of problems, plus I discovered that I
> don't
> really need them anyway. So now I need to undo all of my security changes
> and would really like to just simply reset the domain to the default
> settings. Is there a tool or process to do this quickly? In case I didn't
> make this clear before this has nothing to with NTFS or GPO but rather the
> AD
> security. Thanks in advance, Christopher

TRENDING THREADS