AD and replication

mark

I have a main server and it is being replicated to another server. I am
currently building a new cluster server and was wondering when I change the
replication from one server to the next does it have to be the same OS? For
ex, the main server is running windows 2k pro and the cluster is running adv
server 2000.

You can't run Active Directory on Windows 2000 Professional so I'm not too
sure what type of replication you're talking about. Can you clarify the
problem a little more?

"Mark" <Mark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a main server and it is being replicated to another server. I am
> currently building a new cluster server and was wondering when I change
> the
> replication from one server to the next does it have to be the same OS?
> For
> ex, the main server is running windows 2k pro and the cluster is running
> adv
> server 2000.

mark

Simon

I'm running Windows 2000 server. Not really a problem but more less a
question.