how to determine user account disabled date

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
December 7, 2004 3:40:35 PM

hello
I have several domains, NT4 or win2k. There are a lot
of disabled users in each domain. Right now I want to
delete user account if these account has been disabled for
6 months. My question is : where or how can I find when
these account was disabled?
Anonymous
December 7, 2004 8:08:16 PM

Steve-

There is no timestamp for this specifically. Assuming the accounts haven't
been touched since you disabled them, you can look at the whenLastModified
timestamp.

Brian Desmond
Windows Server MVP
desmondb@payton.cps.k12.il.us

Http://www.briandesmond.com

"steve zhao" <szhaozg@gamil.com> wrote in message
> hello
> I have several domains, NT4 or win2k. There are a lot
> of disabled users in each domain. Right now I want to
> delete user account if these account has been disabled for
> 6 months. My question is : where or how can I find when
> these account was disabled?

Anonymous
December 8, 2004 2:05:31 AM

Hi,

You cannot identify disabled users when you search for users in Active
Directory Users and Computers in Windows Server 2003 or Windows 2000 Server

CAUSE
========
This problem occurs because Active Directory Users and Computers uses the
same search interface as the Windows operating system. This interface is
not designed to include information that is used only by administrators.

WORKAROUND
===============
To work around this problem, right-click a user in Active Directory Users
and Computers. If the user is disabled, the Enable Account command appears.
If the user is enabled, the Disable Account command appears.STATUS
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a bug in the Microsoft products that
are listed in the "Applies to" section.

For more information go to http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=885415

Thanks,

sjhari@online.microsoft.com

December 8, 2004 11:27:19 AM

Thanks ,brian
I found a properties named whenchanged in win2000 AD
schema and I can fatch this information by script or some
other tools.
But in win NT 4.0 domain, how can I get this information?
Thanks.

Anonymous
December 8, 2004 8:30:54 PM

Steve-

I'm fairly certain that this info doesn't exist in NT4.

!