how to determine user account disabled date

hello
I have several domains, NT4 or win2k. There are a lot
of disabled users in each domain. Right now I want to
delete user account if these account has been disabled for
6 months. My question is : where or how can I find when
these account was disabled?
4 answers Last reply
More about determine user account disabled date

    Steve-

    There is no timestamp for this specifically. Assuming the accounts haven't
    been touched since you disabled them, you can look at the whenLastModified
    timestamp.

    Brian Desmond
    Windows Server MVP
    desmondb@payton.cps.k12.il.us

    Http://www.briandesmond.com

    "steve zhao" <szhaozg@gamil.com> wrote in message
    > hello
    > I have several domains, NT4 or win2k. There are a lot
    > of disabled users in each domain. Right now I want to
    > delete user account if these account has been disabled for
    > 6 months. My question is : where or how can I find when
    > these account was disabled?

    Hi,

    You cannot identify disabled users when you search for users in Active
    Directory Users and Computers in Windows Server 2003 or Windows 2000 Server

    CAUSE
    ========
    This problem occurs because Active Directory Users and Computers uses the
    same search interface as the Windows operating system. This interface is
    not designed to include information that is used only by administrators.

    WORKAROUND
    ===============
    To work around this problem, right-click a user in Active Directory Users
    and Computers. If the user is disabled, the Enable Account command appears.
    If the user is enabled, the Disable Account command appears.STATUS
    Microsoft has confirmed that this is a bug in the Microsoft products that
    are listed in the "Applies to" section.

    For more information go to http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=885415

    Thanks,

    sjhari@online.microsoft.com

    Thanks ,brian
    I found a properties named whenchanged in win2000 AD
    schema and I can fatch this information by script or some
    other tools.
    But in win NT 4.0 domain, how can I get this information?
    Thanks.

    Steve-

    I'm fairly certain that this info doesn't exist in NT4.

    "steve zhao" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Thanks ,brian
    > I found a properties named whenchanged in win2000 AD
    > schema and I can fatch this information by script or some
    > other tools.
    > But in win NT 4.0 domain, how can I get this information?
    > Thanks.

Domain Active Directory Windows