query LDAP for disabled users??

Hi All

I'm trying to query LDAP for a list of disabled users in Active Directory,
but having no luck.

Does anyone know how to do this?

Thank you, Jack

Do you mean purely using LDAP, or might ADSI scripting do the trick?

If so, take a look at the following tool.

ADSI Scriptomatic
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter/tools/admatic.mspx

It's a great tool for learning this technology.

Regards

Oli

"Jack Black" <JackBlack@hat.com> wrote in message
> Hi All
>
> I'm trying to query LDAP for a list of disabled users in Active Directory,
> but having no luck.
>
> Does anyone know how to do this?
>
> Thank you, Jack

Thanks. I coudln't figure out how to query all users for a disabled account
in AD using this tool. Love it though, just can't use it.

Thanks anyway.

Jack

"Oli Restorick [MVP]" <oli@mvps.org> wrote in message
> Do you mean purely using LDAP, or might ADSI scripting do the trick?
>
> If so, take a look at the following tool.
>
> ADSI Scriptomatic
> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter/tools/admatic.mspx
>
> It's a great tool for learning this technology.
>
> Regards
>
> Oli
>

> "Jack Black" <JackBlack@hat.com> wrote in message
>> Hi All
>>
>> I'm trying to query LDAP for a list of disabled users in Active
>> Directory, but having no luck.
>>
>> Does anyone know how to do this?
>>
>> Thank you, Jack

I wrote such a tool for work, based on the HTA (HTML application) format
used in ADSI Scriptomatic and using the example scripts in the TechNet
Script Centre. I must admit that I couldn't find the example script to
enumerate users whose accounts are disabled, but I think there's one there
somewhere.

I'll dig out my script tomorrow and post the relevant bits.

> Thanks. I coudln't figure out how to query all users for a disabled
> account in AD using this tool. Love it though, just can't use it.
>
> Thanks anyway.
>
> Jack
>
> "Oli Restorick [MVP]" <oli@mvps.org> wrote in message
>> Do you mean purely using LDAP, or might ADSI scripting do the trick?
>>
>> If so, take a look at the following tool.
>>
>> ADSI Scriptomatic
>> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter/tools/admatic.mspx
>>
>> It's a great tool for learning this technology.
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Oli
>>

>> "Jack Black" <JackBlack@hat.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi All
>>>
>>> I'm trying to query LDAP for a list of disabled users in Active
>>> Directory, but having no luck.
>>>
>>> Does anyone know how to do this?
>>>
>>> Thank you, Jack

Thanks. Appreciate it.