Insufficent rights updating schema

ken

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2004

When I try to add schema changes to avoid mangled attributes in the schema I
get the follwing error:

Logging in as current user using SSPI
Importing directory from file "inetorg
1: CN=ms-Exch-Assistant-Name,CN=Schema

Add error on line 2: Insufficient Righ
The server side error is "Insufficient
0 entries modified successfully.
An error has occurred in the program

I am logged on as administrator in the domain admins group, I am also in the
schema admins groups and enterprise admin groups. I have schema update
permissions in the registry and the DC is at the latest patch levels.
DCdiags reports no issues and netdom query FSMO shows the correct server that
is functioning.

Thanks,
Ken

Are you doing this at the schema master?
Is the schema master a global catalog.
The GC must be contacted to validate membership in the schema and enterprise
admin groups.