Login scripts not executing

login script doesn't execute when the user tries to logon to master domain
from the resource domain. both the domains are in different windows 2003
forest and we have enabled this dos based login script in user properties
profiles. Any answers for the is greatly apperciated.

Regards
krishna

Hi,

If you test the login script and its working fine, then it would be because
of slow link.
If you use a Group Policy object (GPO) to set logon scripts, the logon
scripts do not run when a slow link is detected. This behavior occurs even
if you perform the following procedure:
1. Enable the Scripts Policy Processing policy setting. This policy setting
has three options:

Allow processing across a slow network connection
Do not apply during periodic background processing
Process even if the Group Policy objects have not changed

2. You click to select the Allow processing across a slow network
connection check box.

CAUSE
==========
The client side extension (Gptext.dll) uses the following two internal
flags to decide to run the script:• The slow link flag
• The link transition flag
During the first logon, the extension's DLL entry routine
(ProcessScriptsGroupPolicy) is called and these two flags are passed. If
both flags are set, this routine quits without running the logon scripts.
During the second logon, the extension's DLL entry routine may not be
called because the GPO has not been changed since the first logon.
Therefore, the following registry key is still not set:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System\Scripts\Logon

RESOLUTION
==============
Service Pack Information
To resolve this problem, obtain the latest service pack for Microsoft
Windows 2000. For additional information, click the following article
number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
260910 How to Obtain the Latest Windows 2000 Service Pack

For more information look at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/328991

Thanks,
sjhari@online.microsoft.com

Hi
We are using windows 2003 in bothe the forests. The master domain which is
having all the accounts is in windows 2003 native mode and the resource
domain which the client belong to is in windows 2003 mixed mode. Cross froest
trust has been established. We are not using Group Policy for logon scripts,
directly kept the LoginScript.bat in the netlogon share of the master domain
controller and given the path in the user properties-profiles-logon scripts.
This is not executing.
I have tried your solution before posting the qustion, but no luck. If
anyone have something else, please do let me know

"S.J.Haribabu" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> If you test the login script and its working fine, then it would be because
> of slow link.
> If you use a Group Policy object (GPO) to set logon scripts, the logon
> scripts do not run when a slow link is detected. This behavior occurs even
> if you perform the following procedure:
> 1. Enable the Scripts Policy Processing policy setting. This policy setting
> has three options:
>
> Allow processing across a slow network connection
> Do not apply during periodic background processing
> Process even if the Group Policy objects have not changed
>
> 2. You click to select the Allow processing across a slow network
> connection check box.
>
> CAUSE
> ==========
> The client side extension (Gptext.dll) uses the following two internal
> flags to decide to run the script:• The slow link flag
> • The link transition flag
> During the first logon, the extension's DLL entry routine
> (ProcessScriptsGroupPolicy) is called and these two flags are passed. If
> both flags are set, this routine quits without running the logon scripts.
> During the second logon, the extension's DLL entry routine may not be
> called because the GPO has not been changed since the first logon.
> Therefore, the following registry key is still not set:
> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System\Scripts\Logon
>

> RESOLUTION
> Service Pack Information
> To resolve this problem, obtain the latest service pack for Microsoft
> Windows 2000. For additional information, click the following article
> number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
> 260910 How to Obtain the Latest Windows 2000 Service Pack
>
> For more information look at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/328991
>
> Thanks,
> sjhari@online.microsoft.com

TRENDING THREADS