Thoughts on Epson R200?

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
April 18, 2005 9:04:18 PM

I'm wondering what the group thoughts are on the Epson R200 printer?
I've not been a fan of Epson printers and the only reason I'm at all
interested in this one is its ability to print on CDs and DVDs.

The sample print page from the machine at CompUSA looked pretty good. I
notice that Staples is selling them for $99.95 with a $20.00 Staples
check back. I haven't even looked at other sources yet.

I noticed this printer has ink tanks so you don't have to replace a
color that isn't empty yet. The tanks for one of the Epson's didn't
look too expensive. I expect if I got the printer I would only print
CDs and a test page every week so the head doesn't clog up.

Thanks for any thoughts.

John

More about : thoughts epson r200

Anonymous
April 19, 2005 4:51:15 AM

John Worman wrote:

> I'm wondering what the group thoughts are on the Epson R200 printer?
> I've not been a fan of Epson printers and the only reason I'm at all
> interested in this one is its ability to print on CDs and DVDs.
>
> The sample print page from the machine at CompUSA looked pretty good.
> I notice that Staples is selling them for $99.95 with a $20.00 Staples
> check back. I haven't even looked at other sources yet.
>
> I noticed this printer has ink tanks so you don't have to replace a
> color that isn't empty yet.

You will find out that you will need to replace every tank before it is
empty. But if you are in the UK get the Canon IP4000 but if you are in
the US you do not have a choice.

> The tanks for one of the Epson's didn't look too expensive. I expect
> if I got the printer I would only print CDs and a test page every week
> so the head doesn't clog up.
>
> Thanks for any thoughts.
>
> John
Anonymous
April 19, 2005 4:51:16 AM

You can get the UK versions of Canon printers in the US, I just did.
You just have to know where to look.

http://www.expansys-usa.com/product.asp?code=CAN_PIXMA_...

> John Worman wrote:
>
> > I'm wondering what the group thoughts are on the Epson R200 printer?
> > I've not been a fan of Epson printers and the only reason I'm at all
> > interested in this one is its ability to print on CDs and DVDs.
> >
> > The sample print page from the machine at CompUSA looked pretty good.
> > I notice that Staples is selling them for $99.95 with a $20.00 Staples
> > check back. I haven't even looked at other sources yet.
> >
> > I noticed this printer has ink tanks so you don't have to replace a
> > color that isn't empty yet.
>

> You will find out that you will need to replace every tank before it is
> empty. But if you are in the UK get the Canon IP4000 but if you are in
> the US you do not have a choice.
>
> > The tanks for one of the Epson's didn't look too expensive. I expect
> > if I got the printer I would only print CDs and a test page every week
> > so the head doesn't clog up.
> >
> > Thanks for any thoughts.
> >
> > John
April 19, 2005 8:44:23 AM

Dan G wrote:

>You can get the UK versions of Canon printers in the US, I just did.
>You just have to know where to look.

Is there any difference between the versions ie the electrical etc?

>http://www.expansys-usa.com/product.asp?code=CAN_PIXMA_...

>>John Worman wrote:
>>

>>>I'm wondering what the group thoughts are on the Epson R200 printer?
>>>I've not been a fan of Epson printers and the only reason I'm at all
>>>interested in this one is its ability to print on CDs and DVDs.
>>>
>>>The sample print page from the machine at CompUSA looked pretty good.
>>>I notice that Staples is selling them for $99.95 with a $20.00 Staples
>>>check back. I haven't even looked at other sources yet.
>>>
>>>I noticed this printer has ink tanks so you don't have to replace a
>>>color that isn't empty yet.
>>>

>>You will find out that you will need to replace every tank before it is
>>empty. But if you are in the UK get the Canon IP4000 but if you are in
>>the US you do not have a choice.
>>

>>>The tanks for one of the Epson's didn't look too expensive. I expect
>>>if I got the printer I would only print CDs and a test page every week
>>>so the head doesn't clog up.
>>>
>>>Thanks for any thoughts.
>>>
>>>John

Anonymous
April 19, 2005 11:58:38 AM

The man is looking at the R200 for it's ability to print on CDs and DVDs. I
doubt the Canon can do that. ;-)

I have the R300, which is the same as the R200 except it has the card slots
for the digital camera cards. I have had NO problems with it, output is
awesome and compatible inks are cheap for it.

> John Worman wrote:
>
>> I'm wondering what the group thoughts are on the Epson R200 printer? I've
>> not been a fan of Epson printers and the only reason I'm at all
>> interested in this one is its ability to print on CDs and DVDs.
>>
>> The sample print page from the machine at CompUSA looked pretty good. I
>> notice that Staples is selling them for $99.95 with a $20.00 Staples
>> check back. I haven't even looked at other sources yet.
>>
>> I noticed this printer has ink tanks so you don't have to replace a color
>> that isn't empty yet.
>

> You will find out that you will need to replace every tank before it is
> empty. But if you are in the UK get the Canon IP4000 but if you are in
> the US you do not have a choice.
>
>> The tanks for one of the Epson's didn't look too expensive. I expect if
>> I got the printer I would only print CDs and a test page every week so
>> the head doesn't clog up.
>>
>> Thanks for any thoughts.
>>
>> John
Anonymous
April 19, 2005 2:07:05 PM

I'm about to find out about the voltage, but in past cases, the printer came
with a plug adapter. The printers themselves are supposed to be
multi-voltage capable, so either 210 or 110 would work. If I'm wrong, I'll
post back in a few days.

> Dan G wrote:
>
> >You can get the UK versions of Canon printers in the US, I just did.
> >You just have to know where to look.
> >

> Is there any difference between the versions ie the electrical etc?
>
> >http://www.expansys-usa.com/product.asp?code=CAN_PIXMA_...
> >

> >"measekite" <measekite@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> >>You will find out that you will need to replace every tank before it is
> >>empty. But if you are in the UK get the Canon IP4000 but if you are in
> >>the US you do not have a choice.

Anonymous
April 19, 2005 8:02:52 PM

billygee left this... wrote:

>The man is looking at the R200 for it's ability to print on CDs and DVDs. I
>doubt the Canon can do that. ;-)

The European Canon Pixmas does indeed have that capability. Because of
patent problems, that feature is omitted in North America.

>I have the R300, which is the same as the R200 except it has the card slots
>for the digital camera cards. I have had NO problems with it, output is
>awesome and compatible inks are cheap for it.

My friend had 3 of them. The first 2 failed because of a design error in
the CD print feed. This engineering error was admitted by Epson. I
will also guarantee that nobody ever has a problem with 3rd party ink
until they have a problem.

>>John Worman wrote:
>>

>>>I'm wondering what the group thoughts are on the Epson R200 printer? I've
>>>not been a fan of Epson printers and the only reason I'm at all
>>>interested in this one is its ability to print on CDs and DVDs.
>>>
>>>The sample print page from the machine at CompUSA looked pretty good. I
>>>notice that Staples is selling them for $99.95 with a $20.00 Staples
>>>check back. I haven't even looked at other sources yet.
>>>
>>>I noticed this printer has ink tanks so you don't have to replace a color
>>>that isn't empty yet.
>>>

>>You will find out that you will need to replace every tank before it is
>>empty. But if you are in the UK get the Canon IP4000 but if you are in
>>the US you do not have a choice.
>>

>>>The tanks for one of the Epson's didn't look too expensive. I expect if
>>>I got the printer I would only print CDs and a test page every week so
>>>the head doesn't clog up.
>>>
>>>Thanks for any thoughts.
>>>
>>>John

Anonymous
April 19, 2005 11:06:10 PM

I emailed expansys-usa about the canon printers that print on cds.
And they emailed me back saying that they could only ship the usa model
in the usa.
and it does not print on cds.If you get one please post here about it.
John.H.

--

*Magic is believing in yourself*

*If you can do that*

*You can make anything happen*
Anonymous
April 19, 2005 11:06:11 PM

All I can say is they have been shipping UK versions all along, and the 4000
is advertised as being CD/DVD capable on their site. I'll find out soon
enough.

"John H" <jhen@NoSpam.com> wrote in message
> I emailed expansys-usa about the canon printers that print on cds.
> And they emailed me back saying that they could only ship the usa model
> in the usa.
> and it does not print on cds.If you get one please post here about it.
> John.H.
>
> Dan G wrote:
> > You can get the UK versions of Canon printers in the US, I just did.
> > You just have to know where to look.
> >
> > http://www.expansys-usa.com/product.asp?code=CAN_PIXMA_...
> >

> > "measekite" <measekite@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> >>You will find out that you will need to replace every tank before it is
> >>empty. But if you are in the UK get the Canon IP4000 but if you are in
> >>the US you do not have a choice.

> --

> *Magic is believing in yourself*
>
> *If you can do that*
>
> *You can make anything happen*

April 19, 2005 11:58:12 PM

If you only get 2 refills before the head permanently clogs and the printer
has to be dumped you are still winning financially over buying 2 sets of OEM
cartridges (at UK prices anyway).

> billygee left this... wrote:
>
>>The man is looking at the R200 for it's ability to print on CDs and DVDs.
>>I doubt the Canon can do that. ;-)
>>

> The European Canon Pixmas does indeed have that capability. Because of
> patent problems, that feature is omitted in North America.
>
>>I have the R300, which is the same as the R200 except it has the card
>>slots for the digital camera cards. I have had NO problems with it, output
>>is awesome and compatible inks are cheap for it.
>>

> My friend had 3 of them. The first 2 failed because of a design error in
> the CD print feed. This engineering error was admitted by Epson. I will
> also guarantee that nobody ever has a problem with 3rd party ink until
> they have a problem.
>

>>"measekite" <measekite@yahoo.com> wrote in message

>>>You will find out that you will need to replace every tank before it is
>>>empty. But if you are in the UK get the Canon IP4000 but if you are in
>>>the US you do not have a choice.

Anonymous
April 20, 2005 12:33:26 AM

SteveB wrote:

>If you only get 2 refills before the head permanently clogs and the printer
>has to be dumped you are still winning financially over buying 2 sets of OEM
>cartridges (at UK prices anyway).

Well if you are in the UK, you may be better off with a Canon printer.

>>billygee left this... wrote:
>>

>>>The man is looking at the R200 for it's ability to print on CDs and DVDs.
>>>I doubt the Canon can do that. ;-)
>>>

>>The European Canon Pixmas does indeed have that capability. Because of
>>patent problems, that feature is omitted in North America.
>>

>>>I have the R300, which is the same as the R200 except it has the card
>>>slots for the digital camera cards. I have had NO problems with it, output
>>>is awesome and compatible inks are cheap for it.
>>>

>>My friend had 3 of them. The first 2 failed because of a design error in
>>the CD print feed. This engineering error was admitted by Epson. I will
>>also guarantee that nobody ever has a problem with 3rd party ink until
>>they have a problem.
>>

>>>"measekite" <measekite@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Anonymous
April 20, 2005 1:48:49 AM

On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 00:51:15 GMT, measekite <measekite@yahoo.com> wrote:

>John Worman wrote:
>
>> I'm wondering what the group thoughts are on the Epson R200 printer?
>> I've not been a fan of Epson printers and the only reason I'm at all
>> interested in this one is its ability to print on CDs and DVDs.
>>
>> The sample print page from the machine at CompUSA looked pretty good.
>> I notice that Staples is selling them for $99.95 with a $20.00 Staples
>> check back. I haven't even looked at other sources yet.
>>
>> I noticed this printer has ink tanks so you don't have to replace a
>> color that isn't empty yet.
>

>You will find out that you will need to replace every tank before it is
>empty. But if you are in the UK get the Canon IP4000 but if you are in
>the US you do not have a choice.

The Canon IP4000 is not a match at all to the R200.

>> The tanks for one of the Epson's didn't look too expensive. I expect
>> if I got the printer I would only print CDs and a test page every week
>> so the head doesn't clog up.
>>
>> Thanks for any thoughts.
>>
>> John
Anonymous
April 20, 2005 1:48:50 AM

CSE wrote:

>On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 00:51:15 GMT, measekite <measekite@yahoo.com> wrote:
>

>>John Worman wrote:
>>

>>>I'm wondering what the group thoughts are on the Epson R200 printer?
>>>I've not been a fan of Epson printers and the only reason I'm at all
>>>interested in this one is its ability to print on CDs and DVDs.
>>>
>>>The sample print page from the machine at CompUSA looked pretty good.
>>>I notice that Staples is selling them for $99.95 with a $20.00 Staples
>>>check back. I haven't even looked at other sources yet.
>>>
>>>I noticed this printer has ink tanks so you don't have to replace a
>>>color that isn't empty yet.
>>>

>>You will find out that you will need to replace every tank before it is
>>empty. But if you are in the UK get the Canon IP4000 but if you are in
>>the US you do not have a choice.
>>

>The Canon IP4000 is not a match at all to the R200.

I know. Very much superior.

>>>The tanks for one of the Epson's didn't look too expensive. I expect
>>>if I got the printer I would only print CDs and a test page every week
>>>so the head doesn't clog up.
>>>
>>>Thanks for any thoughts.
>>>
>>>John

Anonymous
April 20, 2005 1:59:10 AM

"John Worman" <swjwcm@charter.net> wrote in message
| I'm wondering what the group thoughts are on the Epson R200 printer?
| I've not been a fan of Epson printers and the only reason I'm at all
| interested in this one is its ability to print on CDs and DVDs.
|
| The sample print page from the machine at CompUSA looked pretty good. I
| notice that Staples is selling them for $99.95 with a $20.00 Staples
| check back. I haven't even looked at other sources yet.
|
| I noticed this printer has ink tanks so you don't have to replace a
| color that isn't empty yet. The tanks for one of the Epson's didn't
| look too expensive. I expect if I got the printer I would only print
| CDs and a test page every week so the head doesn't clog up.

Sam's Club has them for < $78 bucks (I assume the online discount works so
the net is $58.00)

Been using Epson for years. I've been though my last Epson. Looked at the
R200 as the specks were nice. It's an ink hog and screwy about printing if
any one of the tanks is near empty. Been to a number of places and NONE of
the demo units worked as advertised. (one sales person said that was
because they used it too much in demos)

Right now I'm looking at the Cannon iP5000
April 20, 2005 2:17:48 AM

"billygee left this..." <onthespot@NOSPAMsiberian.org> wrote in message
> The man is looking at the R200 for it's ability to print on CDs and DVDs.
> I doubt the Canon can do that. ;-)
>
> I have the R300, which is the same as the R200 except it has the card
> slots for the digital camera cards. I have had NO problems with it, output
> is awesome and compatible inks are cheap for it.

I certainly agree with you. I've recently got the R300M version but should I
really use these cheap compatable carts for it ? I'm not sure I should
Anonymous
April 20, 2005 2:35:16 AM

Anorak wrote:

>"billygee left this..." <onthespot@NOSPAMsiberian.org> wrote in message
>

>>The man is looking at the R200 for it's ability to print on CDs and DVDs.
>>I doubt the Canon can do that. ;-)
>>
>>I have the R300, which is the same as the R200 except it has the card
>>slots for the digital camera cards. I have had NO problems with it, output
>>is awesome and compatible inks are cheap for it.
>>

>I certainly agree with you. I've recently got the R300M version but should I
>really use these cheap compatable carts for it ? I'm not sure I should

You can choose to take the risk. It may be worth it if you print a
whole lot and you do very carefully research about what to buy. It is
sad that most of the product out there is who knows what with a website
label. If there is some good stuff out their you not only need to find
it but you need to hope that where ever you get it from that place is
consistent in the choice of their supplier. I hear 88inkjets.com sells
Formulabs ink mfg by Sensinet. Sensinet is a manufacturer that sells
bulk ink in very large sizes for repackaging and filling into after
market cartridges. With Epson, you need to be even more careful.

Anonymous
April 20, 2005 8:18:06 AM

It's a lower end printer, and it's main advantage is it can print on
disks. It uses dye colorant inks. The savings from individual ink
cartridges are minimal, if any. It is, I expect, the cheapest
alternative on the market currently for your needs, but recognize if you
plan on doing industrial or commercial numbers of disk labeling, the
printer will probably not last a long time. It is not designed for that
much use.

The cost to have it repaired outside of warranty due to the design will
tend to make it "disposable", which is not good for the environment.

The image quality is quite good, and the disk result is reasonable.
It's really too bad they aren't making a 4 color disk printing model.
It would save money on ink, and you really don't need a 6 color printer
for just disk printing, since the image result will not look much
different on a printable disk surface.

Art

John Worman wrote:

> I'm wondering what the group thoughts are on the Epson R200 printer?
> I've not been a fan of Epson printers and the only reason I'm at all
> interested in this one is its ability to print on CDs and DVDs.
>
> The sample print page from the machine at CompUSA looked pretty good. I
> notice that Staples is selling them for $99.95 with a $20.00 Staples
> check back. I haven't even looked at other sources yet.
>
> I noticed this printer has ink tanks so you don't have to replace a
> color that isn't empty yet. The tanks for one of the Epson's didn't
> look too expensive. I expect if I got the printer I would only print
> CDs and a test page every week so the head doesn't clog up.
>
> Thanks for any thoughts.
>
> John
Anonymous
April 20, 2005 9:40:43 AM

Not Me wrote:

>"John Worman" <swjwcm@charter.net> wrote in message
>| I'm wondering what the group thoughts are on the Epson R200 printer?
>| I've not been a fan of Epson printers and the only reason I'm at all
>| interested in this one is its ability to print on CDs and DVDs.
>|
>| The sample print page from the machine at CompUSA looked pretty good. I
>| notice that Staples is selling them for $99.95 with a $20.00 Staples
>| check back. I haven't even looked at other sources yet.
>|
>| I noticed this printer has ink tanks so you don't have to replace a
>| color that isn't empty yet. The tanks for one of the Epson's didn't
>| look too expensive. I expect if I got the printer I would only print
>| CDs and a test page every week so the head doesn't clog up.
>
>Sam's Club has them for < $78 bucks (I assume the online discount works so
>the net is $58.00)
>
>Been using Epson for years. I've been though my last Epson. Looked at the
>R200 as the specks were nice. It's an ink hog and screwy about printing if
>any one of the tanks is near empty. Been to a number of places and NONE of
>the demo units worked as advertised. (one sales person said that was
>because they used it too much in demos)
>
>Right now I'm looking at the Cannon iP5000

That is a good choice. If you do not need the extra quality for business
documents then the IP4000 might be even better for it is a better value.

Anonymous
April 20, 2005 11:18:13 AM

Is the warranty valid in the US, or do you have to ship it off to the UK?

Art

Dan G wrote:

> You can get the UK versions of Canon printers in the US, I just did.
> You just have to know where to look.
>
> http://www.expansys-usa.com/product.asp?code=CAN_PIXMA_...
>

> "measekite" <measekite@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Anonymous
April 20, 2005 1:57:08 PM

> The Canon IP series is fantastic and is the best printer...

Spammer, get your ads out of here. This newsgroup is not for promotion of
products!
Anonymous
April 20, 2005 7:36:39 PM

Another SHMUCK with ears.

AA Battery wrote:

>measekite <measekite@yahoo.com> wrote in
>

>>The Canon IP series is fantastic and is the best printer...
>>

>Spammer, get your ads out of here. This newsgroup is not for promotion of
>products!

Anonymous
April 21, 2005 12:19:28 PM

Well, I've had the printer for a year now, have gone thru 4 sets of
compatibles and just about to replace this set and so far, so good. The
magenta nozzle clogged once but clicking the nozzle cleaning button cleared
it right up.

"Anorak" <00000@00000.000> wrote in message

> "billygee left this..." <onthespot@NOSPAMsiberian.org> wrote in message
>> The man is looking at the R200 for it's ability to print on CDs and DVDs.
>> I doubt the Canon can do that. ;-)
>>
>> I have the R300, which is the same as the R200 except it has the card
>> slots for the digital camera cards. I have had NO problems with it,
>> output is awesome and compatible inks are cheap for it.
>>

> I certainly agree with you. I've recently got the R300M version but should
> I really use these cheap compatable carts for it ? I'm not sure I should

Anonymous
April 21, 2005 7:22:56 PM

"John Worman" <swjwcm@charter.net> wrote in message
> I'm wondering what the group thoughts are on the Epson R200 printer?
> I've not been a fan of Epson printers and the only reason I'm at all
> interested in this one is its ability to print on CDs and DVDs.
>
> The sample print page from the machine at CompUSA looked pretty good. I
> notice that Staples is selling them for $99.95 with a $20.00 Staples
> check back. I haven't even looked at other sources yet.
>
> I noticed this printer has ink tanks so you don't have to replace a
> color that isn't empty yet. The tanks for one of the Epson's didn't
> look too expensive. I expect if I got the printer I would only print
> CDs and a test page every week so the head doesn't clog up.
>
> Thanks for any thoughts.
>
> John

Here's my experience:
I bought this model early on.
I use the printer exclusively for printing DVDs.
I did experience problems with the DVD tray feeding properly.
Epson replaced the printer.
I still find that the DVD tray still requires a little "nudge" every now and
again.

I've printed over 800 DVDs with this printer.
The results are entirely satisfactory.
I get about 300 DVDs per set of cartridges.
If this one should fail, I'd buy another R200.
Anonymous
April 22, 2005 12:58:59 AM

John Worman wrote:
> I'm wondering what the group thoughts are on the Epson R200 printer?
> I've not been a fan of Epson printers and the only reason I'm at all
> interested in this one is its ability to print on CDs and DVDs.
>
> The sample print page from the machine at CompUSA looked pretty good. I
> notice that Staples is selling them for $99.95 with a $20.00 Staples
> check back. I haven't even looked at other sources yet.
>
> I noticed this printer has ink tanks so you don't have to replace a
> color that isn't empty yet. The tanks for one of the Epson's didn't
> look too expensive. I expect if I got the printer I would only print
> CDs and a test page every week so the head doesn't clog up.
>
> Thanks for any thoughts.
>
> John
My thanks to everyone for your input. As I do live in the USA the Canon
printer seems iffy. I have a Canon i860 that I like a lot, so Canon is
a good choice, in my opinion, but not for DVDs.

I think I'll give the Epson a try while the rebate is still in effect.

John
Anonymous
April 22, 2005 8:24:32 AM

I think you will like the R200 for printing on cds/dvds.I bought
the R200 just about 4 months ago and I like it real well.
It is easy to use and prints great on cds.
John.H.

John Worman wrote:
> John Worman wrote:
>
>> I'm wondering what the group thoughts are on the Epson R200 printer?
>> I've not been a fan of Epson printers and the only reason I'm at all
>> interested in this one is its ability to print on CDs and DVDs.
>>
>> The sample print page from the machine at CompUSA looked pretty good.
>> I notice that Staples is selling them for $99.95 with a $20.00 Staples
>> check back. I haven't even looked at other sources yet.
>>
>> I noticed this printer has ink tanks so you don't have to replace a
>> color that isn't empty yet. The tanks for one of the Epson's didn't
>> look too expensive. I expect if I got the printer I would only print
>> CDs and a test page every week so the head doesn't clog up.
>>
>> Thanks for any thoughts.
>>
>> John
>
> My thanks to everyone for your input. As I do live in the USA the Canon
> printer seems iffy. I have a Canon i860 that I like a lot, so Canon is
> a good choice, in my opinion, but not for DVDs.
>
> I think I'll give the Epson a try while the rebate is still in effect.
>
> John
Anonymous
April 22, 2005 4:08:58 PM

Just got the new IP4000 from Expansys. It is definitely the UK model, and
fully capable of CD/DVD printing.

"Dan G" <Dan@xxxx.com> wrote in message
> All I can say is they have been shipping UK versions all along, and the
4000
> is advertised as being CD/DVD capable on their site. I'll find out soon
> enough.
>

> "John H" <jhen@NoSpam.com> wrote in message
> > I emailed expansys-usa about the canon printers that print on cds.
> > And they emailed me back saying that they could only ship the usa model
> > in the usa.
> > and it does not print on cds.If you get one please post here about it.
> > John.H.
> >
> > Dan G wrote:
> > > You can get the UK versions of Canon printers in the US, I just did.
> > > You just have to know where to look.
> > >
> > > http://www.expansys-usa.com/product.asp?code=CAN_PIXMA_...
> > >

> > > "measekite" <measekite@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Staples

> > --

> > *Magic is believing in yourself*
> >
> > *If you can do that*
> >
> > *You can make anything happen*

Anonymous
April 22, 2005 10:34:03 PM

Hi Dan.
I got a email from Randy at Expansys.He said that the canon printers can
be used here in the usa.for printing on cds/dvds.He said if I wanted one
to call him and he would make sure I got the right version.The ip3000
prints on cds too.After you print a cd please post what you think about it.
John.H.
This is his email.
Yes, it will work in the US. If you would like to get one, call me and
I will make sure you get the correct version.

Thank you,

Randy
Technical Sales Executive
eXpansys-USA Division
randy.neal@expansys.com
309-834-0306
Dan G wrote:
> Just got the new IP4000 from Expansys. It is definitely the UK model, and
> fully capable of CD/DVD printing.
>

> "Dan G" <Dan@xxxx.com> wrote in message
>
>>All I can say is they have been shipping UK versions all along, and the
>
> 4000
>
>>is advertised as being CD/DVD capable on their site. I'll find out soon
>>enough.
>>

>>"John H" <jhen@NoSpam.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>I emailed expansys-usa about the canon printers that print on cds.
>>>And they emailed me back saying that they could only ship the usa model
>>>in the usa.
>>>and it does not print on cds.If you get one please post here about it.
>>>John.H.

> Staples

> is

> in

> week

>>>--

>>> *Magic is believing in yourself*
>>>
>>> *If you can do that*
>>>
>>> *You can make anything happen*

Anonymous
April 22, 2005 10:34:04 PM

After some fumbling with the power connect; (Expansys forgot to include the
adapter, but they are sending one by 3-day UPS today....I had to head to
Radio Shack for a short term solution) Printed my first DVD and it looks
awesome. The disc printing program is fairly easy to figure out, and
adjustments for printable area are precise and easy.
Will definitely be having some fun with this, makes a nice companion for my
IP3000.

"John H." <jhens@noSpaM.com> wrote in message
> Hi Dan.
> I got a email from Randy at Expansys.He said that the canon printers can
> be used here in the usa.for printing on cds/dvds.He said if I wanted one
> to call him and he would make sure I got the right version.The ip3000
> prints on cds too.After you print a cd please post what you think about
it.
> John.H.
> This is his email.
> Yes, it will work in the US. If you would like to get one, call me and
> I will make sure you get the correct version.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Randy
> Technical Sales Executive
> eXpansys-USA Division
> randy.neal@expansys.com
> 309-834-0306
> Dan G wrote:
> > Just got the new IP4000 from Expansys. It is definitely the UK model,
and
> > fully capable of CD/DVD printing.
> >

> > "Dan G" <Dan@xxxx.com> wrote in message
> >
> >>All I can say is they have been shipping UK versions all along, and the
> >
> > 4000
> >
> >>is advertised as being CD/DVD capable on their site. I'll find out soon
> >>enough.
> >>

> >>"John H" <jhen@NoSpam.com> wrote in message

> > Staples

> > is

> > in

> > week

Anonymous
April 23, 2005 2:12:26 AM

On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 17:07:13 -0600, Dan G wrote:

> After some fumbling with the power connect; (Expansys forgot to include the
> adapter, but they are sending one by 3-day UPS today....I had to head to
> Radio Shack for a short term solution) Printed my first DVD and it looks
> awesome. The disc printing program is fairly easy to figure out, and
> adjustments for printable area are precise and easy.
> Will definitely be having some fun with this, makes a nice companion for my
> IP3000.

Have you tried with "silver" CDs yet? You can get some nice metallic
effects with them.

If you've not seen them yet, they are silver printable CDs, not plain
silver ones. It's more of a matte silver.

--
Dave
I don't know what I'm doing. That' why I'm here.

Thats great. Thanks for the info.Did it come with the nero software.
John.H.

Dan G wrote:
> After some fumbling with the power connect; (Expansys forgot to include the
> adapter, but they are sending one by 3-day UPS today....I had to head to
> Radio Shack for a short term solution) Printed my first DVD and it looks
> awesome. The disc printing program is fairly easy to figure out, and
> adjustments for printable area are precise and easy.
> Will definitely be having some fun with this, makes a nice companion for my
> IP3000.
>

> "John H." <jhens@noSpaM.com> wrote in message
>
>>Hi Dan.
>>I got a email from Randy at Expansys.He said that the canon printers can
>>be used here in the usa.for printing on cds/dvds.He said if I wanted one
>>to call him and he would make sure I got the right version.The ip3000
>>prints on cds too.After you print a cd please post what you think about
>
> it.
>
>>John.H.
>>This is his email.
>>Yes, it will work in the US. If you would like to get one, call me and
>>I will make sure you get the correct version.
>>
>>Thank you,
>>
>>Randy
>>Technical Sales Executive
>>eXpansys-USA Division
>>randy.neal@expansys.com
>>309-834-0306
>>Dan G wrote:
>>
>>>Just got the new IP4000 from Expansys. It is definitely the UK model,
>
> and
>
>>>fully capable of CD/DVD printing.
>>>

>>>"Dan G" <Dan@xxxx.com> wrote in message

>>>4000

> good.

>>>Staples

>>>is

>>>in

> expect

>>>week

Anonymous
April 23, 2005 2:37:25 AM

Um, Nero in a printer package?

> Thats great. Thanks for the info.Did it come with the nero software.
> John.H.
>
> Dan G wrote:
> > After some fumbling with the power connect; (Expansys forgot to include
the
> > adapter, but they are sending one by 3-day UPS today....I had to head to
> > Radio Shack for a short term solution) Printed my first DVD and it
looks
> > awesome. The disc printing program is fairly easy to figure out, and
> > adjustments for printable area are precise and easy.
> > Will definitely be having some fun with this, makes a nice companion for
my
> > IP3000.
> >

> > "John H." <jhens@noSpaM.com> wrote in message
> >
> >>Hi Dan.
> >>I got a email from Randy at Expansys.He said that the canon printers can
> >>be used here in the usa.for printing on cds/dvds.He said if I wanted one
> >>to call him and he would make sure I got the right version.The ip3000
> >>prints on cds too.After you print a cd please post what you think about
> >
> > it.
> >
> >>John.H.
> >>This is his email.
> >>Yes, it will work in the US. If you would like to get one, call me and
> >>I will make sure you get the correct version.
> >>
> >>Thank you,
> >>
> >>Randy
> >>Technical Sales Executive
> >>eXpansys-USA Division
> >>randy.neal@expansys.com
> >>309-834-0306

> > and

> > good.

> > expect

Anonymous
April 23, 2005 5:36:27 AM

Sorry I made a mistake.Nero is for the cd burner.
John.H.

Dan G wrote:
> Um, Nero in a printer package?
>

> "John H." <jhens@noSpaM.com> wrote in message
>
>>Thats great. Thanks for the info.Did it come with the nero software.
>>John.H.
>>
>>Dan G wrote:
>>
>>>After some fumbling with the power connect; (Expansys forgot to include
>
> the
>
>>>adapter, but they are sending one by 3-day UPS today....I had to head to
>>>Radio Shack for a short term solution) Printed my first DVD and it
>
> looks
>
>>>awesome. The disc printing program is fairly easy to figure out, and
>>>adjustments for printable area are precise and easy.
>>>Will definitely be having some fun with this, makes a nice companion for
>
> my
>
>>>IP3000.
>>>

>>>"John H." <jhens@noSpaM.com> wrote in message

>>>it.

>>>and

> the

> soon

> model

> it.

> printer?

> all

>>>good.

> it

> are

>>>expect

April 25, 2005 10:30:02 PM

John Worman <swjwcm@charter.net> wrote:

> My thanks to everyone for your input. As I do live in the USA the Canon
> printer seems iffy. I have a Canon i860 that I like a lot, so Canon is
> a good choice, in my opinion, but not for DVDs.
>
> I think I'll give the Epson a try while the rebate is still in effect.

Whatever your choice will be, I would suggest to for the one has third
party ink cartridge which you can get for $2-3 a pop. And just with 1-2
sets of cartridges would save you enough money to buy another printer.

Or if it fails within 1 year then you have the 1 year warrantee cover the
problem, more than one year then the cost of ink saving you be more than
enough to buy a newer printer with newer set on inks.
Anonymous
April 26, 2005 4:23:44 AM

Joel wrote:

>John Worman <swjwcm@charter.net> wrote:
>

>>My thanks to everyone for your input. As I do live in the USA the Canon
>>printer seems iffy. I have a Canon i860 that I like a lot, so Canon is
>>a good choice, in my opinion, but not for DVDs.
>>
>>I think I'll give the Epson a try while the rebate is still in effect.
>>

> Whatever your choice will be, I would suggest to for the one has third
>party ink cartridge which you can get for $2-3 a pop. And just with 1-2
>sets of cartridges would save you enough money to buy another printer.

And hope you can print a couple of sets before you get a head clog so
you come out ahead.

!