mk

Distinguished
May 3, 2004

Whenever I use the system restore feature, it takes a very long time to
complete, at least 30-45 minutes. I am running Win XP Pro. I also have
another computer running the same OS and system restore runs much more
quickly on that system. Any ideas?

On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 07:45:14 -0400, mk wrote:

> Whenever I use the system restore feature, it takes a very long time to
> complete, at least 30-45 minutes. I am running Win XP Pro. I also have
> another computer running the same OS and system restore runs much more
> quickly on that system. Any ideas?

Every system takes a different amount of time. More complex setups have
more files that have to be changed out by System Restore. Different
hardware or settings (RAM, virtual mem settings, free hard drive space,
number of partitions monitored, etc) also come into the picture.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User