Sign in with
Your question

Help me find a game that is WWI based and accurate

Last response: in Video Games
September 29, 2005 12:41:57 PM

anyone know a game that is historically accurate? with all the historatical notes while still a rts or fps? WWII will be needed and the korea war as well, best if its from both points of view... must be non fiction (history class)

AMD A64 3200+Venice @2.65GHZ
DFI Lanparty UT NF4 Ultra-D
OCZ 2x512mb EL Gold VX PC3200 ram 2-2-2-8
evga eGeforce 6800GT 256mb GDDR3 ram
Enermax 485W PSU
Bios 6/23
Windows XP SP2
September 29, 2005 1:20:58 PM

WWI really wasn't that exciting of a war to play.. I mean, no one wants to sit in trenches all day tossing mustard gas at each other.

Do a google search or hit gamestop.com or another site that sells games.
September 29, 2005 1:56:48 PM

Can't think of a single game off the top of my head.

As riser said WWI is kind of a crap time to base a game in. They barely had planes or tanks or machine guns for that matter. As for an RTS based on WWI, the thought makes me laugh!!! How boring would that be.

Now as for WWII there are plenty of games that try to be aunthentic but why are you looking for games specifically? If you're attempting to do some school/college work on these time periods why don't you stick to a history book.

"Its only when you look at ants closely with a magnifying glass on a sunny day that you realise how often they burst into flames"
Related resources
September 30, 2005 5:06:24 AM

Battlefield WWI-"Stalemate Redefined"
September 30, 2005 8:18:48 AM

There actually is a WWI battlefield mod now I think of it. Haven't a clue of the name..... Forgotten something or other.

"Its only when you look at ants closely with a magnifying glass on a sunny day that you realise how often they burst into flames"
September 30, 2005 2:30:10 PM

i think they're making one in source....and im pretty sure they made one for one some other game as a mod....maybe it was original half life i dunno.

-I'm sorry, but the UN must be firm with you. Let me in, or else.
-Or else what?
-Or else we will be very angry with you... and we will write you a letter, telling you how angry we are.
October 2, 2005 4:25:59 PM

wel thansk all for the replies, after ourr history class got through with WWI i think i get what you guys are saying lol, and that i agree that WWI is a bad background for WWI..... so now onto WWII! and yes i'm trying to get the teacher to USE the game as a teaching material, so you know its gota to be real to the dot! (what game was that that was designed for this puropose? i heard one was under development a few month ago (b4 summer) and wanted to see if i could find one such thing)

AMD A64 3200+Venice @2.65GHZ
DFI Lanparty UT NF4 Ultra-D
OCZ 2x512mb EL Gold VX PC3200 ram 2-2-2-8
evga eGeforce 6800GT 256mb GDDR3 ram
Enermax 485W PSU
Bios 6/23
Windows XP SP2
October 3, 2005 11:14:01 AM

Your wanting your teacher to use games as a teaching aid.

It's not going to happen.

No game will ever give you enough information.

Forget about what your trying to do and stick to using books.

October 3, 2005 3:04:58 PM

In addition, most games allow you to alter the outcome of key battles... turning the tide in directions that definately would not be historically accurate. You're never going to get historically accurate in a fully interactive game environment.

<font color=red> If you design software that is fool-proof, only a fool will want to use it. </font color=red>
!