Greatest films of all time

mgsfreak

Honorable
Feb 24, 2013
greatest films of all time?

im not necessarily looking for the obvious ones, but those films that stuck with you and made you think, or scared the *** out of your bumhole, or made u laugh raucously until you couldnt breathe

Gattaca, for example, made me think about the way science and genetics affects society

i would love to hear your opinions, cheers in advance

wanamingo

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2011
Pulp Fiction (Pretty much any Tarentino), Old Boy, Return of the Jedi, Waking Life, A Scanner Darkly, Inception, Blade Runner (None of that theatrical release BS, directors cut only), Castaway, Forest Gump.

Mel Brooks movies are great, but there is no way you could make Blazing Saddles today....Im still waiting for Spaceballs 2 Jews in Space.

You want to see a really F*cked up movie? Watch Eraserhead or Hobo with a Shotgun.

Elephant Man
Omega Man
Soylent Green
Star Wars (entire franchise)
The Matrix (all three)
Dead Alive
Spanking the Monkey
Beautiful Creatures
Pi
Seven Samurai
Akira
Paprika
Evil Dead

Any movies produced or directed by Broken Lizard, David Lynch, Ethan and Joel Cohen, Martin Scorcese, Peter Jackson, Akira Kurosawa...

Big David Lynch fan...creepy, great camera work, allegorical...the one thing from that movie that continues to stick in my head is...
In heaven, everything is fine. In heaven everything is fine. You've got your good thing and you've got mine.

johnsonma

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2012

Hobo with a shotgun was awesome.

mubin

Distinguished
Forest Gump
Saving Privet Ryan, its one the greatest movie to me. It represent the blind faith for mother and feels me my love for my mom. Very simple but great.

mgsfreak

Honorable
Feb 24, 2013

watched waking life the other day, that was wierd as hell

wip99gt

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2008
I like 12 Angry Men, Once Upon a Time In The West, IP Man, the real Indiana Jones movies, and the Millenium trilogy. Eraserhead is pretty messed up, I like those types of movies. Other good messed up movies are the Bothersome Man and Brazil. I spend a lot of time up north in the bush so I have lots of time for movies.

musical marv

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2011
Casablanca and the African Queen 2 great masterpieces.Great acting also.

Joe Dirt
Blade Runner - Director's Cut
Idiocracy
LOTR
2001 A Space Odyssey
Alien I
Star Wars IV
Taxi Driver
Lawrence of Arabia
The Dam Busters
The Deer Hunter
Good Will Hunting