more q's

Last response: in Video Games
April 15, 2004 8:04:52 AM

Sirahs--What is the bolts of cloth useful for? Why the cloth? Are they
useful for anything? Should I throw a party?
What use are the skulls? The slave skulls are cool looking, but they
take up space. Are they merely decorative?
Where can I get more of those nifty red lanterns? I have only one, but
it is very cool and I lust for more. Maybe I should call "Queer eyes for
the straight guy" to help out on this........lol

More about : question

Anonymous
April 18, 2004 4:41:36 PM

On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 04:04:52 GMT, with the help of 10,000 Little
Computer Monkeys (LCM'S) "Dennis Curtis" <curtisd1@verizon.net> wrote:

>Sirahs--What is the bolts of cloth useful for? Why the cloth? Are they
>useful for anything? Should I throw a party?

There's a Tribunal quest for One Specific Bolt of Cloth, though I've
never found it. :(  For now I stack All the bolts of cloth next to one
of the fireplaces in my Balmora home, sort of like extra firewood...

> What use are the skulls? The slave skulls are cool looking, but they
>take up space. Are they merely decorative?

I've used some for decoration over the bed in my house and one or 2
placed on book shelves.

I've also created a Shrine in front of my second fireplace, complete
with silver plates and bowls full of gems, sixth house statues, and a
slowly growing pile of skulls.

As for the slave skulls, I take 3 torches and stack them one on top of
each other just in front of the doors to my house, then I place a slave
skull on top of the 3rd torch, and then I remove the torches so that it
looks like I have 2 slave skulls attached to each door to my Balmora
house. BTW, 2 or 3 Stacked Flaming Torches create a nice effect in
their own right.

> Where can I get more of those nifty red lanterns? I have only one, but
>it is very cool and I lust for more. Maybe I should call "Queer eyes for
>the straight guy" to help out on this........lol

If I remember correctly, there is one red(?) paper lantern just waiting
to be stolen in the Hla Oad shack were the stolen Thieves quest Drarven
items are hidden. Also try shopping/stealing at the Traders in Vivec
and other towns for 1 or 2 more... My current character buys/steals
Every paper lantern she can find reguardless of color, and if my memory
serves me correctly she now has 4 or 5 red paper lanterns though I can't
remember where she found them.

As for candles and lanterns, they make nice approach lights to the
entrances to gates to various cities. Torches make a nice decoration
outside caves and tombs.

Have Fun! (^_^)

That's my 2¢,

FTA

"In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends."

-Martin Luther King Jr.
Anonymous
April 19, 2004 8:32:27 AM

"FTA" <FTA@fake.email> wrote in message
> On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 04:04:52 GMT, with the help of 10,000 Little
> Computer Monkeys (LCM'S) "Dennis Curtis" <curtisd1@verizon.net> wrote:
>
> >Sirahs--What is the bolts of cloth useful for? Why the cloth? Are they
> >useful for anything? Should I throw a party?
>
> There's a Tribunal quest for One Specific Bolt of Cloth, though I've
> never found it. :(  For now I stack All the bolts of cloth next to one
> of the fireplaces in my Balmora home, sort of like extra firewood...
>
> > What use are the skulls? The slave skulls are cool looking, but they
> >take up space. Are they merely decorative?
>
> I've used some for decoration over the bed in my house and one or 2
> placed on book shelves.
>
> I've also created a Shrine in front of my second fireplace, complete
> with silver plates and bowls full of gems, sixth house statues, and a
> slowly growing pile of skulls.
>
> As for the slave skulls, I take 3 torches and stack them one on top of
> each other just in front of the doors to my house, then I place a slave
> skull on top of the 3rd torch, and then I remove the torches so that it
> looks like I have 2 slave skulls attached to each door to my Balmora
> house. BTW, 2 or 3 Stacked Flaming Torches create a nice effect in
> their own right.
>
> > Where can I get more of those nifty red lanterns? I have only one,
but
> >it is very cool and I lust for more. Maybe I should call "Queer eyes for
> >the straight guy" to help out on this........lol
> >
> If I remember correctly, there is one red(?) paper lantern just waiting
> to be stolen in the Hla Oad shack were the stolen Thieves quest Drarven
> items are .

That is where I got my only red lantern. I wil keep looking. What i've
done is buy or steal all the lanterns, including the one worth 500GP, and
put most of them atop the tower in Bal Isra, my stronghold, so i can see it
at night while levitating. Very pretty. --dc
April 19, 2004 5:22:08 PM

On Mon, 19 Apr 2004 04:32:27 GMT, with the help of 10,000 Little
Computer Monkeys (LCM'S) "Dennis Curtis" <curtisd1@verizon.net> wrote:

>"FTA" <FTA@fake.email> wrote in message
>> On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 04:04:52 GMT, with the help of 10,000 Little
>> Computer Monkeys (LCM'S) "Dennis Curtis" <curtisd1@verizon.net> wrote:
>>
>> >Sirahs--What is the bolts of cloth useful for? Why the cloth? Are they
>> >useful for anything? Should I throw a party?
>>
>> There's a Tribunal quest for One Specific Bolt of Cloth, though I've
>> never found it. :(  For now I stack All the bolts of cloth next to one
>> of the fireplaces in my Balmora home, sort of like extra firewood...
>>
>> > What use are the skulls? The slave skulls are cool looking, but they
>> >take up space. Are they merely decorative?
>>
>> I've used some for decoration over the bed in my house and one or 2
>> placed on book shelves.
>>
>> I've also created a Shrine in front of my second fireplace, complete
>> with silver plates and bowls full of gems, sixth house statues, and a
>> slowly growing pile of skulls.
>>
>> As for the slave skulls, I take 3 torches and stack them one on top of
>> each other just in front of the doors to my house, then I place a slave
>> skull on top of the 3rd torch, and then I remove the torches so that it
>> looks like I have 2 slave skulls attached to each door to my Balmora
>> house. BTW, 2 or 3 Stacked Flaming Torches create a nice effect in
>> their own right.
>>
>> > Where can I get more of those nifty red lanterns? I have only one,
>but
>> >it is very cool and I lust for more. Maybe I should call "Queer eyes for
>> >the straight guy" to help out on this........lol
>> >
>> If I remember correctly, there is one red(?) paper lantern just waiting
>> to be stolen in the Hla Oad shack were the stolen Thieves quest Drarven
>> items are .
>
> That is where I got my only red lantern. I wil keep looking. What i've
>done is buy or steal all the lanterns, including the one worth 500GP, and
>put most of them atop the tower in Bal Isra, my stronghold, so i can see it
>at night while levitating. Very pretty. --dc

I rechecked last night and I found out that I was wrong, I've Only got 1
Red lantern. :(  However hopefully there are more to be found in the
game...

BTW, Where did you find a lantern worth 500 GP?

That's my 2¢,

FTA

"In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends."

-Martin Luther King Jr.
Anonymous
April 20, 2004 8:13:37 AM

> On Mon, 19 Apr 2004 04:32:27 GMT, with the help of 10,000 Little
> Computer Monkeys (LCM'S) "Dennis Curtis" <curtisd1@verizon.net> wrote:
>

> >"FTA" <FTA@fake.email> wrote in message

> >> There's a Tribunal quest for One Specific Bolt of Cloth, though I've
> >> never found it. :(  For now I stack All the bolts of cloth next to one
> >> of the fireplaces in my Balmora home, sort of like extra firewood...

> >> I've used some for decoration over the bed in my house and one or 2
> >> placed on book shelves.
> >>
> >> I've also created a Shrine in front of my second fireplace, complete
> >> with silver plates and bowls full of gems, sixth house statues, and a
> >> slowly growing pile of skulls.
> >>
> >> As for the slave skulls, I take 3 torches and stack them one on top of
> >> each other just in front of the doors to my house, then I place a slave
> >> skull on top of the 3rd torch, and then I remove the torches so that it
> >> looks like I have 2 slave skulls attached to each door to my Balmora
> >> house. BTW, 2 or 3 Stacked Flaming Torches create a nice effect in
> >> their own right.

> >but
> >> >
> >> If I remember correctly, there is one red(?) paper lantern just waiting
> >> to be stolen in the Hla Oad shack were the stolen Thieves quest Drarven
> >> items are .
> >
> > That is where I got my only red lantern. I wil keep looking. What
i've
> >done is buy or steal all the lanterns, including the one worth 500GP, and
> >put most of them atop the tower in Bal Isra, my stronghold, so i can see
it
> >at night while levitating. Very pretty. --dc
> >
> I rechecked last night and I found out that I was wrong, I've Only got 1
> Red lantern. :(  However hopefully there are more to be found in the
> game...
>
> BTW, Where did you find a lantern worth 500 GP?

This lantern is found in Bloodmoon. Gives off a VERY bright light and I
don't know if it is any quest or not. It is on a derelict ship near the man
who never sleeps, which is a quest. I found it by accident. On the upper
west end of the island. I will look it up for you. Hey-- The quest is
Thormoor Grey-wave. The lantern is southwest of him, off the coast. I
couldn't find it on my guide maps, but hang on the west coast till you see a
derelict ship. Sorry I am not more help--dc

> That's my 2¢,
>
> FTA
>

> "In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the
silence of our friends."

> -Martin Luther King Jr.
Anonymous
April 21, 2004 8:29:00 AM

On Tue, 20 Apr 2004 04:13:37 GMT, with the help of 10,000 Little
Computer Monkeys (LCM'S) "Dennis Curtis" <curtisd1@verizon.net> wrote:

>"FTA" <FTA@fake.email> wrote in message

>> >but
>for

>> > That is where I got my only red lantern. I wil keep looking. What
>i've
>> >done is buy or steal all the lanterns, including the one worth 500GP, and
>> >put most of them atop the tower in Bal Isra, my stronghold, so i can see
>it
>> >at night while levitating. Very pretty. --dc
>> >
>> I rechecked last night and I found out that I was wrong, I've Only got 1
>> Red lantern. :(  However hopefully there are more to be found in the
>> game...
>>
>> BTW, Where did you find a lantern worth 500 GP?
>
> This lantern is found in Bloodmoon. Gives off a VERY bright light and I
>don't know if it is any quest or not. It is on a derelict ship near the man
>who never sleeps, which is a quest. I found it by accident. On the upper
>west end of the island. I will look it up for you. Hey-- The quest is
>Thormoor Grey-wave. The lantern is southwest of him, off the coast. I
>couldn't find it on my guide maps, but hang on the west coast till you see a
>derelict ship. Sorry I am not more help--dc

Thanks! ^_^ Now that I know the lantern exists and have a general
location for it, I suspect that I'll be able to find it. My current
character hasn't yet finished the Main Morrowind Quest, so she's not
quite advanced enough to be visiting Solthsheim.

That's my 2¢,

FTA

"In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends."

-Martin Luther King Jr.
Anonymous
April 22, 2004 6:42:40 AM

> On Tue, 20 Apr 2004 04:13:37 GMT, with the help of 10,000 Little
> Computer Monkeys (LCM'S) "Dennis Curtis" <curtisd1@verizon.net> wrote:
>

> >"FTA" <FTA@fake.email> wrote in message

> >for

Drarven

> >i've
> >it
> >> >
> >> I rechecked last night and I found out that I was wrong, I've Only got
1
> >> Red lantern. :(  However hopefully there are more to be found in the
> >> game...
> >>
> >> BTW, Where did you find a lantern worth 500 GP?
> >
> > This lantern is found in Bloodmoon. Gives off a VERY bright light and
> >don't know if it is any quest or not. It is on a derelict ship near the
man
> >who never sleeps, which is a quest. I found it by accident. On the upper
> >west end of the island. I will look it up for you. Hey-- The quest is
> >Thormoor Grey-wave. The lantern is southwest of him, off the coast. I
> >couldn't find it on my guide maps, but hang on the west coast till you
see a
> >derelict ship. Sorry I am not more help--dc
> >>
> Thanks! ^_^ Now that I know the lantern exists and have a general
> location for it, I suspect that I'll be able to find it. My current
> character hasn't yet finished the Main Morrowind Quest, so she's not
> quite advanced enough to be visiting Solthsheim.
>

> That's my 2¢,
>
> FTA
>

> "In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the
silence of our friends."

> -Martin Luther King Jr.

Sorry for not editing. I will make an effort to locate exactly where i
found this special lantern. I had thought it might be part of a quest, but i
can't find it, so I put it in Raven Rock. It is somewhere near the
Thronmoor site. I will find it for you, but gimme some time?
I just found two more quests in Vivec and will get back to Bloodmoon
later. You know about the invisible man in ST. Oleym's? And the glass
merchant in same canton?
Anonymous
April 22, 2004 8:41:16 AM

"Dennis Curtis" <curtisd1@verizon.net> wrote in message

> "FTA" <FTA@fake.email> wrote in message
> > On Tue, 20 Apr 2004 04:13:37 GMT, with the help of 10,000 Little
> > Computer Monkeys (LCM'S) "Dennis Curtis" <curtisd1@verizon.net> wrote:
> >

> > >"FTA" <FTA@fake.email> wrote in message

> one,
> eyes
> > >for

> waiting
> Drarven

What
> > >i've
> and
> see
> > >it

> 1

> > > This lantern is found in Bloodmoon. Gives off a VERY bright light
and
> > >don't know if it is any quest or not. It is on a derelict ship near the
> man
> > >who never sleeps, which is a quest. I found it by accident. On the
upper
> > >west end of the island. I will look it up for you. Hey-- The quest is
> > >Thormoor Grey-wave. The lantern is southwest of him, off the coast. I
> > >couldn't find it on my guide maps, but hang on the west coast till you
> see a
> > >derelict ship. Sorry I am not more help--dc
> > >>
> > Thanks! ^_^ Now that I know the lantern exists and have a general
> > location for it, I suspect that I'll be able to find it. My current
> > character hasn't yet finished the Main Morrowind Quest, so she's not
> > quite advanced enough to be visiting Solthsheim.
> >

> > That's my 2¢,
> >
> > FTA
> >

> > "In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the
> silence of our friends."
> >
> > -Martin Luther King Jr.
>
> Sorry for not editing. I will make an effort to locate exactly where
> found this special lantern. I had thought it might be part of a quest, but
> can't find it, so I put it in Raven Rock. It is somewhere near the
> Thronmoor site. I will find it for you, but gimme some time?

I will find out exactly where this 500 GP lantern is. You have aroused
my curiousity. Gimme some time. Right now i am in Vivec and doing the silly
pillow quest. --dennis
Anonymous
April 22, 2004 4:33:43 PM

On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 02:42:40 GMT, with the help of 10,000 Little
Computer Monkeys (LCM'S) "Dennis Curtis" <curtisd1@verizon.net> wrote:

> Sorry for not editing. I will make an effort to locate exactly where i
>found this special lantern. I had thought it might be part of a quest, but i
>can't find it, so I put it in Raven Rock. It is somewhere near the
>Thronmoor site. I will find it for you, but gimme some time?

Take your Time, I suspect it will be a few more weeks before my current
character visits Solthsheim. I'll try to remember to check this thread
from time to time in case you find the lantern location.

Did your character ever become a Werewolf? If so, there is a Great
"Werewolf at Will" mod that allows your character to become a werewolf
ONLY if they want to, which lets your character kill anyone they want to
without being declared a criminal. ^_^ Granted I can't remember if the
mod works even if a character has been cured of being a werewolf.

> I just found two more quests in Vivec and will get back to Bloodmoon
>later. You know about the invisible man in ST. Oleym's? And the glass
>merchant in same canton?

When you finish the invisible man quest, visit the guys father who is
nearby for a reward. As for the glass merchant quest, I'm sure I've
done it, is that the get/steal the Limeware quest?

Take Care! ^_^

That's my 2¢,

FTA

"In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends."

-Martin Luther King Jr.
Anonymous
April 22, 2004 4:33:43 PM

On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 04:41:16 GMT, with the help of 10,000 Little
Computer Monkeys (LCM'S) "Dennis Curtis" <curtisd1@verizon.net> wrote:

> I will find out exactly where this 500 GP lantern is. You have aroused
>my curiousity. Gimme some time. Right now i am in Vivec and doing the silly
>pillow quest. --dennis

What's the pillow quest, I don't remember it? :(  Or are you just
collecting pillows to make your pillow mountain? ^_^

That's my 2¢,

FTA

"In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends."

-Martin Luther King Jr.
Anonymous
April 23, 2004 9:04:51 AM

> On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 02:42:40 GMT, with the help of 10,000 Little
> Computer Monkeys (LCM'S) "Dennis Curtis" <curtisd1@verizon.net> wrote:
>

> > Sorry for not editing. I will make an effort to locate exactly
where i
> >found this special lantern. I had thought it might be part of a quest,
but i
> >can't find it, so I put it in Raven Rock. It is somewhere near the
> >Thronmoor site. I will find it for you, but gimme some time?
>
> Take your Time, I suspect it will be a few more weeks before my current
> character visits Solthsheim. I'll try to remember to check this thread
> from time to time in case you find the lantern location.
>
> Did your character ever become a Werewolf? If so, there is a Great
> "Werewolf at Will" mod that allows your character to become a werewolf
> ONLY if they want to, which lets your character kill anyone they want to
> without being declared a criminal. ^_^ Granted I can't remember if the
> mod works even if a character has been cured of being a werewolf.
>
> > I just found two more quests in Vivec and will get back to Bloodmoon
> >later. You know about the invisible man in ST. Oleym's? And the glass
> >merchant in same canton?
> >
> When you finish the invisible man quest, visit the guys father who is
> nearby for a reward. As for the glass merchant quest, I'm sure I've
> done it, is that the get/steal the Limeware quest?
>
> Take Care! ^_^
>

> That's my 2¢,
>
> FTA
>

> "In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the
silence of our friends."

> -Martin Luther King Jr.

FTA--Yes, I completed the "invisible son " quest. Kinda lame. I also
completed the limeware quest, which at first i was not happy with, so I
reloaded and made another choice, much better. I stole it all, delivered to
the glassworks, and then bought it all back. So now it lines my crib in Bal
Isra.
About the werewolf option--- I have the Hircine ring(my fave quest,
BTW), and tested it out in Bloodmoon. The game went negative on me. I was
kicking all sorts of ass, but could not revert to my chosen character. Took
a bit of doing to get back to "normal" . Everything was reversed and VERY
black, almost unseeable. With my chosen character, armed with Sunder, I am
120 strentgh, so its only a 30 point gain with Hircine's ring. Took a bit of
doing to get my character back into regular daylight. Still, the ring is
fun to use every once inna while. But my computer gets confused ! LOL!
I have a side quest to find that ship for you. ---dennis
Anonymous
April 24, 2004 6:02:56 AM

> "FTA" <FTA@fake.email> wrote in message
> > On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 02:42:40 GMT, with the help of 10,000 Little
> > Computer Monkeys (LCM'S) "Dennis Curtis" <curtisd1@verizon.net> wrote:

And the glass
> > >merchant in same canton?

As for the glass merchant quest, I'm sure I've
> > done it, is that the get/steal the Limeware quest?
> >
> > Take Care! ^_^
> >

> > That's my 2¢,
> >
> > FTA
> >

> > "In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the
> silence of our friends."
> >
> > -Martin Luther King Jr.
>
> Isra.

Yes, that is the same quest. I completed that quest and bought back
several limeware pieces. I liked that ending better.
Also, I tried to do the "pillow" quest, but I think i went about it all
wrong. I did not check in with the pillow lady first. I went directly to the
derelict ship and got the invoice. When I went to Balmora to give her the
invoice, there was no dialogue at all. Guess i should have checked in with
her first. Too late now.... sigh.
If i were to have a sig it would be this--" If God were a perfectionist,
none of us would be here."
Anonymous
April 24, 2004 5:56:47 PM

On Sat, 24 Apr 2004 02:02:56 GMT, with the help of 10,000 Little
Computer Monkeys (LCM'S) "Dennis Curtis" <curtisd1@verizon.net> wrote:

>"Dennis Curtis" <curtisd1@verizon.net> wrote in message
>>
>> "FTA" <FTA@fake.email> wrote in message
>> > On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 02:42:40 GMT, with the help of 10,000 Little
>> > Computer Monkeys (LCM'S) "Dennis Curtis" <curtisd1@verizon.net> wrote:
>
>And the glass
>> > >
> As for the glass merchant quest, I'm sure I've
>> > done it, is that the get/steal the Limeware quest?
>> >
>> > Take Care! ^_^
>> >

>> > That's my 2¢,
>> >
>> > FTA
>>
>> Isra.
>
> Yes, that is the same quest. I completed that quest and bought back
>several limeware pieces. I liked that ending better.

That's what I did since my character had plenty of money, then around an
hour later I found/stole (I can't remember where) the same number and
types of limeware (4 cups & 4 bowls) as I'd stolen for the earlier
quest. :(  <L>

> Also, I tried to do the "pillow" quest, but I think i went about it all
>wrong. I did not check in with the pillow lady first. I went directly to the
>derelict ship and got the invoice. When I went to Balmora to give her the
>invoice, there was no dialogue at all. Guess i should have checked in with
>her first. Too late now.... sigh.

I think that Quest is broken in the game, as I was never able to get a
journal entry for it... :(

> If i were to have a sig it would be this--" If God were a perfectionist,
>none of us would be here."

Cute, why don't you use it. ^_^

That's my 2¢,

FTA

"In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends."

-Martin Luther King Jr.
Anonymous
April 24, 2004 5:56:48 PM

On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 05:04:51 GMT, with the help of 10,000 Little
Computer Monkeys (LCM'S) "Dennis Curtis" <curtisd1@verizon.net> wrote:

> About the werewolf option--- I have the Hircine ring(my fave quest,
>BTW), and tested it out in Bloodmoon. The game went negative on me. I was
>kicking all sorts of ass, but could not revert to my chosen character. Took
>a bit of doing to get back to "normal" . Everything was reversed and VERY
>black, almost unseeable. With my chosen character, armed with Sunder, I am
>120 strentgh, so its only a 30 point gain with Hircine's ring. Took a bit of
>doing to get my character back into regular daylight. Still, the ring is
>fun to use every once inna while. But my computer gets confused ! LOL!
> I have a side quest to find that ship for you. ---dennis

I can't remember much about using the Hircine ring, however I never had
any problems with the "Werewolf at Will" mod. With it my character was
able to become a werewolf whenever he wanted to, without having to worry
about someone seeing him become a werewolf/man because he couldn't get
out of sight fast enough...

That's my 2¢,

FTA

"In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends."

-Martin Luther King Jr.
Anonymous
April 25, 2004 10:37:25 AM

> On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 04:41:16 GMT, with the help of 10,000 Little
> Computer Monkeys (LCM'S) "Dennis Curtis" <curtisd1@verizon.net> wrote:
>
> > I will find out exactly where this 500 GP lantern is. You have
aroused
> >my curiousity. Gimme some time. Right now i am in Vivec and doing the
silly
> >pillow quest. --dennis
> >
> What's the pillow quest, I don't remember it? :(  Or are you just
> collecting pillows to make your pillow mountain? ^_^

I failed the pilow quest. Its inna guidebook. Remember that early quest
to clear out the rats in Thalya's house in Balmora? It was a fighter's guild
quest. She is the pillow lady. I blew that one. Course, now I know where
all the pillows are, but they are all salt. To complete the quest, you get
a "special " pillow. But I was unable to. Oh well.
Now, I just wander around and trap souls, but only ascended sleepers,
spriggans, and golden saints. I don't have any rings or amulets to PUT them
in, but what the heck? My stronghold at Bal Isra is lit up like Mardi Gras!I
buy all the lamps I can and use those glowing flowers...I am seriously
thinking of restarting on page one of the guide book and doing every single
thing. --dennis

Aside-- if you DID have everything, where would you put it?-- Steven
Reich.

> "In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the
silence of our friends."

> -Martin Luther King Jr.
Anonymous
April 25, 2004 10:50:06 AM

> On Sat, 24 Apr 2004 02:02:56 GMT, with the help of 10,000 Little
> Computer Monkeys (LCM'S) "Dennis Curtis" <curtisd1@verizon.net> wrote:
>

> >"Dennis Curtis" <curtisd1@verizon.net> wrote in message
> >>
> >> "FTA" <FTA@fake.email> wrote in message
> >
> >And the glass
> >> > >
> > As for the glass merchant quest, I'm sure I've

> >> Isra.
> >
> > Yes, that is the same quest. I completed that quest and bought back
> >several limeware pieces. I liked that ending better.
>
> That's what I did since my character had plenty of money, then around an
> hour later I found/stole (I can't remember where) the same number and
> types of limeware (4 cups & 4 bowls) as I'd stolen for the earlier
> quest. :(  <L>
>
> > Also, I tried to do the "pillow" quest, but I think i went about it
all
> >wrong. I did not check in with the pillow lady first. I went directly to
the
> >derelict ship and got the invoice. When I went to Balmora to give her the
> >invoice, there was no dialogue at all. Guess i should have checked in
with
> >her first. Too late now.... sigh.
>
> I think that Quest is broken in the game, as I was never able to get a
> journal entry for it... :(
>
> > If i were to have a sig it would be this--" If God were a
perfectionist,
> >none of us would be here."
> >
> Cute, why don't you use it. ^_^

I just did. LOL Just kidding. I don't use sigs much because..
A-always a better one down the road, B- then i would hafta change sigs, C-
as is well known, I am lazy, indolent, lassitudinous, as well as dissipated,
foul-mouthed, sarcastic, not a nice guy, not cute, (my wife thinks I'm
cute, but that does not count), an uneccessary tendency to sesquipedalia,
and a long list of various other foibles, quirks, and pecadillos. BTW, I
had pecadillos for dinner tonight. Delicious.

> That's my 2¢,
>
> FTA
>

> "In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the
silence of our friends."

> -Martin Luther King Jr.
Anonymous
April 25, 2004 7:37:03 PM

On Sun, 25 Apr 2004 06:50:06 GMT, with the help of 10,000 Little
Computer Monkeys (LCM'S) "Dennis Curtis" <curtisd1@verizon.net> wrote:

>> > If i were to have a sig it would be this--" If God were a
>perfectionist, none of us would be here."
>> >
>> Cute, why don't you use it. ^_^
>
> I just did. LOL Just kidding. I don't use sigs much because..
>A-always a better one down the road, B- then i would hafta change sigs, C-
>as is well known, I am lazy, indolent, lassitudinous, as well as dissipated,
>foul-mouthed, sarcastic, not a nice guy, not cute, (my wife thinks I'm
>cute, but that does not count), an uneccessary tendency to sesquipedalia,
>and a long list of various other foibles, quirks, and pecadillos. BTW, I
>had pecadillos for dinner tonight. Delicious.

I'm a Scarred Veteran of numerious Usenet Flame Wars in the mid 90's.
In those days words were the weapon of choice and some people wielded
them with lethal effect! I can remember flame wars that lasted for
months and in a couple of cases years with some newsgroups being reduced
to battlegrounds where no one posted pics anymore. :(

Back then I was a major scanner/poster in several Sci-Fi/Fantasy Pic
newsgroups until a series of flame wars not only drove me to leave the
newsgroups I had posted to, and to stop scanning pics, but to also stop
accessing usenet at all for several years. :(  The worse part of those
final flame wars was the often silence of my friends in those groups
when I was attacked. I know that they were most likely trying to Not
Feed the flames, however their silence still hurt. And to be honest,
back then I wasn't always blameless because I was sometimes quick to
take offense which did start two or three small wars... Though in my
defense most of my flame war battles were to support my friends in the
groups who someone had attacked. Even after finely returning to usenet,
to this day because of painful memories, I have yet to revisit the
Sci-Fi/Fantasy Pic newsgroups I once posted to... :(

At any rate when I saw the MLK quote I now have in my Sig, it brought
back memories from numerious flame wars were my friends stayed silent.
So I doubt that I'll ever find another sig that means more to me or is
more true when posting to various newsgroups than MLK's quote. ^_^

Take Care! ^_^

That's my 2¢,

FTA

"In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends."

-Martin Luther King Jr.
Anonymous
April 26, 2004 9:42:40 AM

> >perfectionist, none of us would be here."
> >> >
> >> Cute, why don't you use it. ^_^

I had pecadillos for dinner tonight. Delicious.

> I'm a Scarred Veteran of numerious Usenet Flame Wars in the mid 90's.
> In those days words were the weapon of choice and some people wielded
> them with lethal effect! I can remember flame wars that lasted for
> months and in a couple of cases years with some newsgroups being reduced
> to battlegrounds where no one posted pics anymore. :(
>
> Back then I was a major scanner/poster in several Sci-Fi/Fantasy Pic
> newsgroups until a series of flame wars not only drove me to leave the
> newsgroups I had posted to, and to stop scanning pics, but to also stop
> accessing usenet at all for several years. :(  The worse part of those
> final flame wars was the often silence of my friends in those groups
> when I was attacked. I know that they were most likely trying to Not
> Feed the flames, however their silence still hurt. And to be honest,
> back then I wasn't always blameless because I was sometimes quick to
> take offense which did start two or three small wars... Though in my
> defense most of my flame war battles were to support my friends in the
> groups who someone had attacked. Even after finely returning to usenet,
> to this day because of painful memories, I have yet to revisit the
> Sci-Fi/Fantasy Pic newsgroups I once posted to... :(
>
> At any rate when I saw the MLK quote I now have in my Sig, it brought
> back memories from numerious flame wars were my friends stayed silent.
> So I doubt that I'll ever find another sig that means more to me or is
> more true when posting to various newsgroups than MLK's quote. ^_^
>
> Take Care! ^_^

Thanks for taking this inna nice and civilised way. I too, joined a few
flame NG's. I still lurk around, and sometimes contribute. Mostly, the flame
NG's are reduced to cheap swearing and all caps, no? I know I've "won" when
my attackee resorts to all caps and not-too-clever swear words. Sometimes
they are witty.
After all, I was on THIS ng less than a week and got plonked twice!!
:-) Must be doing something right! Heh. I try my best (though not
always), to take people at face value, give lots of latitude, listen for
what they might mean instead of what they say, and be very forgiving. After
all, if you REALLY want to insult someone, it is not hard to do and they
will know it. If i have doubts, I go for the "innocent understanding".
Nevertheless, one cannot avoid the bozos of everyday life. They are like
gold--ya know 'em when you see 'em. All the more reason to subject them to
the acid test. (I am mean at times). I do unnerstand 'netiquette. But i
do expect some tolerance. When it is not forthcoming, I figure they are new
to this game. Not many people even know about newsgroups, BB'S, MUDS,
portals, hubs and other stuff available onna web. Even fewer know the
difference 'tween the web and the net.
You seem to me to be a very smart and rational dude. I thank you for
your patience. I was expecting a minor flame because I used pretentious
words. I apologise for that. Flight of fancy.
Yours is a terrific sig. I welcome every opportunity to be educated by
our great thinkers, no matter the source.
Feel free to Email me at any time.---best regards--dennis

> That's my 2¢,
>
> FTA
>

> "In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the
silence of our friends."

> -Martin Luther King Jr.
April 26, 2004 11:21:57 PM

"Dennis Curtis" <curtisd1@verizon.net> skrev i en meddelelse

> "FTA" <FTA@fake.email> wrote in message
> > On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 04:04:52 GMT, with the help of 10,000 Little
> > Computer Monkeys (LCM'S) "Dennis Curtis" <curtisd1@verizon.net> wrote:
> >
> > >Sirahs--What is the bolts of cloth useful for? Why the cloth? Are
they
> > >useful for anything? Should I throw a party?
> >
> > There's a Tribunal quest for One Specific Bolt of Cloth, though I've
> > never found it. :(  For now I stack All the bolts of cloth next to one
> > of the fireplaces in my Balmora home, sort of like extra firewood...
> >
> > > What use are the skulls? The slave skulls are cool looking, but
they
> > >take up space. Are they merely decorative?
> >
> > I've used some for decoration over the bed in my house and one or 2
> > placed on book shelves.
> >
> > I've also created a Shrine in front of my second fireplace, complete
> > with silver plates and bowls full of gems, sixth house statues, and a
> > slowly growing pile of skulls.
> >
> > As for the slave skulls, I take 3 torches and stack them one on top of
> > each other just in front of the doors to my house, then I place a
slave
> > skull on top of the 3rd torch, and then I remove the torches so that
it
> > looks like I have 2 slave skulls attached to each door to my Balmora
> > house. BTW, 2 or 3 Stacked Flaming Torches create a nice effect in
> > their own right.

There's a mod, that let you summon monsters as permanent companions. For
this you need a scroll/recipe and loads of ingredients. Most
every recipe requires skulls, slave-, servant-
or general ones. There is even one recipe that
lets you summon an army of skeletons (10)

merlin

> > > Where can I get more of those nifty red lanterns? I have only
one,
> but
> > >it is very cool and I lust for more. Maybe I should call "Queer eyes
for
> > >the straight guy" to help out on this........lol
> > >
> > If I remember correctly, there is one red(?) paper lantern just
waiting
> > to be stolen in the Hla Oad shack were the stolen Thieves quest
Drarven
> > items are .
>
> That is where I got my only red lantern. I wil keep looking. What
i've
> done is buy or steal all the lanterns, including the one worth 500GP,
and
> put most of them atop the tower in Bal Isra, my stronghold, so i can see
it
> at night while levitating. Very pretty. --dc

The
!