Login Script help

We have over 1000 users on our network.
We have a variety of batch files associated to users logins.
Default.bat should be the minimum batch file all usr's get. However,
Managers etc will have Man.bat instead of default.bat

When new users have been added to AD sometimes Admins haven't added the
default.bat to the new user when they were created.

It took me all day to go through AD today trying to see who had a batch file
running against their login. I found that 90% of users did have a batch file
associated to their login, however the process was extremely slow and
laborious having to open each users profile in AD right clicking profile and
checking to see if they had default.bat or not.

Question 1 - Is there a quick way i can check AD to see who is running a
batch file and who isn't?

Question 2 -Is there anyway to customise a user to receive default.bat when
they are created in AD rather than doing it manually?

Any help/assistance greatly appreciated

"JohnDeeze" <JohnDeeze@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We have over 1000 users on our network.
> We have a variety of batch files associated to users logins.
> Default.bat should be the minimum batch file all usr's get. However,
> Managers etc will have Man.bat instead of default.bat
>
> When new users have been added to AD sometimes Admins haven't added the
> default.bat to the new user when they were created.
>
> It took me all day to go through AD today trying to see who had a batch
file
> running against their login. I found that 90% of users did have a batch
file
> associated to their login, however the process was extremely slow and
> laborious having to open each users profile in AD right clicking profile
and
> checking to see if they had default.bat or not.
>

> Question 1 - Is there a quick way i can check AD to see who is running a
> batch file and who isn't?

Right an ADSI script -- see the MS Active Directory Script-o-matic
for help writing it. (MSDN)

> Question 2 -Is there anyway to customise a user to receive default.bat
when
> they are created in AD rather than doing it manually?

Do it with a GPO script and stop using User (property) scripts
for all but NT/9x users.

--
Herb Martin

> Any help/assistance greatly appreciated

Vlad

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2001

> > Question 2 -Is there anyway to customise a user to receive default.bat
> when
> > they are created in AD rather than doing it manually?
>
> Do it with a GPO script and stop using User (property) scripts
> for all but NT/9x users.

Well, that's the best way.
Or create a user account as a template, set up the reqired properties (like
'logon script'), and make a copy of this account to create a new user.

--
Regards,
Vladislav Stroukov