View Permissions

I need to get full detail listing of folder permissions in my
File server. I want to view tree view of folder permission.
Is there any microsoft tool to view permissions in all folders at same time.

Thanks
5 answers Last reply
More about view permissions

    What I need is to get the permissions that all folders have to a text file.

    "Janaka Sampath" <janakaj@lankaequities.com> wrote in message
    > I need to get full detail listing of folder permissions in my
    > File server. I want to view tree view of folder permission.
    > Is there any microsoft tool to view permissions in all folders at same
    time.

    > Thanks

    Hi

    You can get a text dump using xcacls.vbs ...

    http://download.microsoft.com/download/f/7/8/f786aaf3-a37b-45ab-b0a2-8c8c18bbf483/XCacls_Installer.exe

    Kind regards
    --
    Mark Renoden [MSFT]
    Windows Platform Support Team

    "Janaka Sampath" <janakaj@lankaequities.com> wrote in message
    >I need to get full detail listing of folder permissions in my
    > File server. I want to view tree view of folder permission.
    > Is there any microsoft tool to view permissions in all folders at same
    > time.
    >
    > Thanks

    Thank you Mark, by the please tell me how do I run this vb script in my
    server. Does it auto run when double click
    on it or there is some another way.

    > Thank you Mark, by the please tell me how do I run this vb script in my
    > server. Does it auto run when double click
    > on it or there is some another way.

    It is generally a poor idea to run command line scripts
    by double clicking them -- unless they merely perform
    some action which you don't care to view.

    If you do this (double click) then when the program
    terminates, the window closes, and you will not be
    able to view the results.

    Instead: Open a command prompt (aka DOS window,
    even if it isn't really). Run the program from the open
    command prompt. You may need to change directory
    to the location of the program if it is not in a directory
    listed on the command path.

    If there is much output (as this will likely generate) then
    you are probably even better off if you redirect the output
    to a text file so you can view it or save it for later.

    commandName [any parameters] >c:\myresults.txt

    The ">" symbol sends the output to that file -- you don't
    have to put the file at the root of the C:\ as I have shown
    but make sure you can recall where you sent it.

    ">> Append.txt" will do the same but instead of overwriting
    an existing file will append the results to it.

    --
    Herb Martin

    > "Mark Renoden [MSFT]" <markreno@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi
    > >
    > > You can get a text dump using xcacls.vbs ...

    http://download.microsoft.com/download/f/7/8/f786aaf3-a37b-45ab-b0a2-8c8c18b
    > bf483/XCacls_Installer.exe
    > >
    > > Kind regards
    > > --
    > > Mark Renoden [MSFT]
    > > Windows Platform Support Team
    > > Email: markreno@online.microsoft.com
    > >
    > > Please note you'll need to strip ".online" from my email address to
    email
    > > me; I'll post a response back to the group.

    > rights.
    > >
    > > "Janaka Sampath" <janakaj@lankaequities.com> wrote in message
    > > >I need to get full detail listing of folder permissions in my
    > > > File server. I want to view tree view of folder permission.
    > > > Is there any microsoft tool to view permissions in all folders at same
    > > > time.
    > > >
    > > > Thanks

    Hi

    I believe the script gives usage when you use it without switches. At a
    command line:

    cscript xcacls.vbs

    HTH
    --
    Mark Renoden [MSFT]
    Windows Platform Support Team
    Email: markreno@online.microsoft.com

    "Janaka Sampath" <janakaj@lankaequities.com> wrote in message
    > Thank you Mark, by the please tell me how do I run this vb script in my
    > server. Does it auto run when double click
    > on it or there is some another way.
    >

    > "Mark Renoden [MSFT]" <markreno@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> Hi
    >>
    >> You can get a text dump using xcacls.vbs ...
    >>

    > http://download.microsoft.com/download/f/7/8/f786aaf3-a37b-45ab-b0a2-8c8c18b
    > bf483/XCacls_Installer.exe
    >>
    >> Kind regards
    >> --
    >> Mark Renoden [MSFT]
    >> Windows Platform Support Team
    >> Email: markreno@online.microsoft.com
    >>
    >> Please note you'll need to strip ".online" from my email address to email
    >> me; I'll post a response back to the group.

    > rights.
    >>
    >> "Janaka Sampath" <janakaj@lankaequities.com> wrote in message
    >> >I need to get full detail listing of folder permissions in my
    >> > File server. I want to view tree view of folder permission.
    >> > Is there any microsoft tool to view permissions in all folders at same
    >> > time.
    >> >
    >> > Thanks

Permissions Microsoft Active Directory Windows