multiple NIC and IPs

We've been adding 3 new servers recently to the Windows 2003 active
directory 1 subnet network.

4 Intel 1000MT network adapters are included with each server. I've
created 2 teams. I'm trying to figure out how I could manage 2 IPs to
be used on 1 server, same subnet.

After DCPROMO, the first IP is binded and used to reach the server
(DNS)

thank you

Thomas

follow this link and you'll see why is not very well to install AD on a
multihomed DC:
http://support.microsoft.com/search/default.aspx?qu=multihomed+domain+controller

hth,
--
Andrei Ungureanu
www.eventid.net

"thomaslally" <juste_ciel@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> We've been adding 3 new servers recently to the Windows 2003 active
> directory 1 subnet network.
>
> 4 Intel 1000MT network adapters are included with each server. I've
> created 2 teams. I'm trying to figure out how I could manage 2 IPs to
> be used on 1 server, same subnet.
>
> After DCPROMO, the first IP is binded and used to reach the server
> (DNS)
>
> thank you
>
> Thomas

Thank you Andrei, buit can you be more specific? Those articles you've
been referring me to rather explained how to resolve issues, such as
browsing. It doesn't state not to use multihomed domain controller.
thanks

Thomas

Thanks again for the advice. I've red several articles and you're
right. Why looking for trouble when it can be avoided? I will stick
with only one IP.

I would have liked to team up two teams together (Adaptive Load
balacing and Adapter Fault Tolerance) but it can't be done.

Thanks

Thomas

Enkidu wrote:
> On 12 Dec 2004 10:29:49 -0800, "thomaslally" <juste_ciel@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> >Thank you Andrei, buit can you be more specific? Those articles
you've
> >been referring me to rather explained how to resolve issues, such as
> >browsing. It doesn't state not to use multihomed domain controller.
> >thanks
> >
> There is (so far as I personally am aware anyway) no such specific
> recommendation. However as a general rule the *only* things that
> should be multi-homed are routers and firewalls. You only have to
hang
> around this group for a short while and you will see plenty of posts
> by people who have multi-homed servers and had problems. I think that
> is what Andrei was getting at.
>
> Why not created one team with four members?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Cliff
> --
>
> The National Party manifesto can be viewed here:
>
> http://www.labour.org.nz/policy/index.html

enkidu

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2002