Can't Install Updates...

When I try to install updates on my PC through the automatic updater it downloads the updates fine, but then when I restart it tries to install them for about 5 minutes and stays at 0% the whole time. When I log on all it says is "Windows could not install updates". Any ideas on how to fix this?
7 answers Last reply
More about install updates
  1. I'm having the same problem. It's been like this for 3 or 4 days now. Running Windows 7 Ultimate 64. First time I've seen this.
  2. i've waited 10 minutes plus to start but the updates did work!
  3. Mine just say something like "Windows could not configure updates, reverting to previous version." Something along those lines.
  4. Go to the update center, and see what updates are failing. See if there are prerequisites that you don't have. Then try installing them manually.
  5. It says that all of them are failing and I don't know how to manually install.
  6. I had a similar problem a while back and I fixed it by using Option 2 from here...

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/91738-windows-update-reset.html

Hope it helps ;)
  7. mine did this on a fresh install , all new hardware. I used the microsoft fix it 50202, worked great for windows 7 64bit
Ask a new question

Read More

Windows 7