OE Send/Receive Status Window

HI,

I asked this on the OE group but got no responses so am moving on
to other relevant (I hope) groups to ask it.

OE6:
When you click on Send/Receive (or any upload/download) a button
in the lower right area of the screen shows the downloading
progress, sort of. If you double click that area, it opens a
status window which shows the tasks (task = account being up/down
loaded) and their progress. eg getting list of messages from
server, x New, xx old, Executing/Completed, etc.
It is useful for me to use that window. But ... the "Tasks"
column is too narrow - all I can see in it is the account names
unless I manually widen it with the mouse. Then I can see the KB
of mails and their status. Quite useful in my circumstance.

Question:
Is there a way to widen that column permanently so I don't have
to manually widen it each time?
I thought it would be a Registry entry, but if it is, I cannot
find it. I did find what I -think- is the right area, but there
is no way to set up column width that I can tell, though it might
be right there staring me in the face.

TIA

Pop
2 answers Last reply
More about send receive status window

    Why don't use use an email preview program like trayhelper?
    http://www.trayhelper.com/ You can check the size of emails and form which
    account they have come from plus delete unwanated emails on the server. I
    have used it for years Could not do without it.

    Blackrat

    "Pop" <nobody@spamcop.net> wrote in message
    > HI,
    >
    > I asked this on the OE group but got no responses so am moving on
    > to other relevant (I hope) groups to ask it.
    >
    > OE6:
    > When you click on Send/Receive (or any upload/download) a button
    > in the lower right area of the screen shows the downloading
    > progress, sort of. If you double click that area, it opens a
    > status window which shows the tasks (task = account being up/down
    > loaded) and their progress. eg getting list of messages from
    > server, x New, xx old, Executing/Completed, etc.
    > It is useful for me to use that window. But ... the "Tasks"
    > column is too narrow - all I can see in it is the account names
    > unless I manually widen it with the mouse. Then I can see the KB
    > of mails and their status. Quite useful in my circumstance.
    >
    > Question:
    > Is there a way to widen that column permanently so I don't have
    > to manually widen it each time?
    > I thought it would be a Registry entry, but if it is, I cannot
    > find it. I did find what I -think- is the right area, but there
    > is no way to set up column width that I can tell, though it might
    > be right there staring me in the face.
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > Pop

    That's a possibility; thanks for the reference. If I can just
    change a registry key or something similar though it avoids
    adding another app. If I'm not in front of hte machine, it's not
    connected to the 'net, but I can see advantages to your
    suggestion.

    Pop

Microsoft Windows XP