OE Send/Receive Status Window

September 29, 2004 1:02:29 PM

HI,

I asked this on the OE group but got no responses so am moving on
to other relevant (I hope) groups to ask it.

OE6:
When you click on Send/Receive (or any upload/download) a button
in the lower right area of the screen shows the downloading
progress, sort of. If you double click that area, it opens a
status window which shows the tasks (task = account being up/down
loaded) and their progress. eg getting list of messages from
server, x New, xx old, Executing/Completed, etc.
It is useful for me to use that window. But ... the "Tasks"
column is too narrow - all I can see in it is the account names
unless I manually widen it with the mouse. Then I can see the KB
of mails and their status. Quite useful in my circumstance.

Question:
Is there a way to widen that column permanently so I don't have
to manually widen it each time?
I thought it would be a Registry entry, but if it is, I cannot
find it. I did find what I -think- is the right area, but there
is no way to set up column width that I can tell, though it might
be right there staring me in the face.

TIA

Pop
September 29, 2004 5:25:31 PM

Why don't use use an email preview program like trayhelper?
http://www.trayhelper.com/ You can check the size of emails and form which
account they have come from plus delete unwanated emails on the server. I
have used it for years Could not do without it.

Blackrat

"Pop" <nobody@spamcop.net> wrote in message
> HI,
>
> I asked this on the OE group but got no responses so am moving on
> to other relevant (I hope) groups to ask it.
>
> OE6:
> When you click on Send/Receive (or any upload/download) a button
> in the lower right area of the screen shows the downloading
> progress, sort of. If you double click that area, it opens a
> status window which shows the tasks (task = account being up/down
> loaded) and their progress. eg getting list of messages from
> server, x New, xx old, Executing/Completed, etc.
> It is useful for me to use that window. But ... the "Tasks"
> column is too narrow - all I can see in it is the account names
> unless I manually widen it with the mouse. Then I can see the KB
> of mails and their status. Quite useful in my circumstance.
>
> Question:
> Is there a way to widen that column permanently so I don't have
> to manually widen it each time?
> I thought it would be a Registry entry, but if it is, I cannot
> find it. I did find what I -think- is the right area, but there
> is no way to set up column width that I can tell, though it might
> be right there staring me in the face.
>
> TIA
>
> Pop

September 29, 2004 5:25:32 PM

That's a possibility; thanks for the reference. If I can just
change a registry key or something similar though it avoids
adding another app. If I'm not in front of hte machine, it's not
connected to the 'net, but I can see advantages to your
suggestion.

Pop

!