Sound device not being detected

tramsleeper

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2006
Hello - please I could really do with some help. Just installed W7 64 but when I come to install drivers it cannot even detect my x-fi SB at all. Thus I cannot install the driver. No sound at all - I am at a loss. Does anyone have a solution? ps I have a ASUS ABN-SLI Nvidia chipset. Many thanks

tramsleeper

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2006
Yes, but it was working fine until I swapped Vista for 7. I have heard that others have had similar problems with this same config and was wondering if there was a way around it?

twinkcentral

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2007
I have the exact same problem.

Just did a clean install of Windows 7 64 bit and now it will not install drivers.

When I get windows to update automatically , it says drivers are not compatable.

When I download the correct drivers from Creative Web site, it looks like it installs correctly and asks to reboot system, but once system reboot, still no sound and as if nothign was installed. Everything worked fine until I did clean install of OS.

I can not seem to find an answers to this problem.

Going to try some older drivers first then upgrade them, maybe that will help......

xarata873

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2011

not sure if you've solved this yet, i had the same issue, its got something to do with the system having +4gb ram...
had to dial back the amount of ram i used to be able to utilize my card

if you are running 4gig then go to run> type 'msconfig'>go to the boot tab> click advanced options>select max memory and dial it back to around 3990mb and it worked for me and has been for many months now. got a new build now with 16gb ram and seems to work fine so perhaps they released a patch that cleared up the 4gig problem?

hope this helps :D