Quad Core Kentsfield Testing

annihilatorpro

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2006
You're a couple days late on this as this topic has been posted a number of times already, but still, it's nice to see Intel on top of things with engineering samples of Kentsfield out.

Artmic

Distinguished
May 27, 2002
I wonder if all Conroe motherboards will support adding a Kentsfield CPU, or will that mean another mother board upgrade

annihilatorpro

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2006
i know there have been numerous posts about the kentsfield cpu but i haven't seen anyone report testing of it

My apologies, I may have been thinking about a different forum.

I wonder if all Conroe motherboards will support adding a Kentsfield CPU, or will that mean another mother board upgrade

According to Coolaler, the fellow who has been getting these engineering samples, Kentsfield is drop-in compatible with all the motherboards that take Conroe (he's using the same motherboard that he's been testing his Conroes on). He may have done modifications to the v-core, however.

IcY18

Distinguished
May 1, 2006
that would be nice but by the time kentsfield comes out it looks at those DDR3 could be coming out, and as far as i know the conroe mobos dont support this, i wonder when intel will update their chipset

Artmic

Distinguished
May 27, 2002
According to Coolaler, the fellow who has been getting these engineering samples, Kentsfield is drop-in compatible with all the motherboards that take Conroe (he's using the same motherboard that he's been testing his Conroes on). He may have done modifications to the v-core, however.

Hmm interesting, i just really hope it will be a drop and repleace situation, without having to purchase a new Motherboard.