Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Quad Core Kentsfield Testing

Last response: in CPUs
Share
June 30, 2006 8:04:56 PM

Quote:
4 cores in 1,Conroe E6600 8Mb Cache,Kentsfield result@MSI 975X


Quad Core Kentsfield

Some interesting upcoming tests thats for sure!
June 30, 2006 8:40:20 PM

You're a couple days late on this as this topic has been posted a number of times already, but still, it's nice to see Intel on top of things with engineering samples of Kentsfield out.
July 1, 2006 12:13:41 AM

i know there have been numerous posts about the kentsfield cpu but i haven't seen anyone report testing of it
Related resources
July 1, 2006 1:39:39 AM

I wonder if all Conroe motherboards will support adding a Kentsfield CPU, or will that mean another mother board upgrade
July 1, 2006 5:12:53 AM

Quote:
i know there have been numerous posts about the kentsfield cpu but i haven't seen anyone report testing of it


My apologies, I may have been thinking about a different forum.

Quote:
I wonder if all Conroe motherboards will support adding a Kentsfield CPU, or will that mean another mother board upgrade


According to Coolaler, the fellow who has been getting these engineering samples, Kentsfield is drop-in compatible with all the motherboards that take Conroe (he's using the same motherboard that he's been testing his Conroes on). He may have done modifications to the v-core, however.
July 3, 2006 5:39:24 AM

that would be nice but by the time kentsfield comes out it looks at those DDR3 could be coming out, and as far as i know the conroe mobos dont support this, i wonder when intel will update their chipset
July 3, 2006 10:36:34 PM

Quote:


According to Coolaler, the fellow who has been getting these engineering samples, Kentsfield is drop-in compatible with all the motherboards that take Conroe (he's using the same motherboard that he's been testing his Conroes on). He may have done modifications to the v-core, however.


Hmm interesting, i just really hope it will be a drop and repleace situation, without having to purchase a new Motherboard.
!