Misbehaving Mouse

Can anyone offer a solution.

Every now and then my mouse seems to slow down for a few seconds. I have
checked for spyware and adware on my computer using Adaware but nothing is
found. However I keep getting a small window coming up which is new. The
following URL is displayed http://vbs.searchwww.com The window contains
nothing. My question is what is it and is it potentially dangerous and is
this program causing the mouse to slow down?

Computer Details

custom built using

Mainboard Asus A7NX DELUXE
Prcoessor AMD Athlon Xp 2800+
Memory 512Mb
O/s Win xp SP2

Norton Internet Security 2004
Adaware 6

Broadband connection via a Linksys BEFX41 Firewell Router
2 answers Last reply
More about misbehaving mouse

    Hello Me,

    Sounds to me like your XP Messenger Services needs to be
    disabled.

    If you would like to correspond further, I have created a
    temp email address for you to contact me at:

    MESSENGER.XP.TOSH382@SUPPORT.GNIS.NET

    Sincerely,

    Craig McIntosh

    On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 13:19:59 +0000 (UTC), Me wrote:

    > Can anyone offer a solution.
    >
    > Every now and then my mouse seems to slow down for a few seconds. I have
    > checked for spyware and adware on my computer using Adaware but nothing is
    > found. However I keep getting a small window coming up which is new. The
    > following URL is displayed http://vbs.searchwww.com The window contains
    > nothing. My question is what is it and is it potentially dangerous and is
    > this program causing the mouse to slow down?
    >
    > Computer Details
    >
    > custom built using
    >
    > Mainboard Asus A7NX DELUXE
    > Prcoessor AMD Athlon Xp 2800+
    > Memory 512Mb
    > O/s Win xp SP2
    >
    > Norton Internet Security 2004
    > Adaware 6
    >
    > Broadband connection via a Linksys BEFX41 Firewell Router

    A search for google turns up the following:
    http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&threadm=008301c3d02c%2451613790%24a001280a%40phx.gbl&rnum=6&prev=/groups%3Fq%3Dsearchwww.com%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26ie%3DUTF-8%26sa%3DN%26tab%3Dwg

    CWShredder is no longer being developed. It can't remove new variants but
    will still be effective on the older ones. You can download this tool from
    here: http://www.aumha.org/freeware/freeware.php#cwshred

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User