Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Mulitple domains through Same MMC

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
Anonymous
December 13, 2004 12:25:02 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.active_directory (More info?)

HI, How can i see all the parent-child as well as All the separate domain's
in a same forest through a common MMC?

Sin

More about : mulitple domains mmc

Anonymous
December 13, 2004 2:40:55 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.active_directory (More info?)

"Sin Joe" <SinJoe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:9DB52D45-C457-4D46-8A84-E40CA8ECBC14@microsoft.com...
> HI, How can i see all the parent-child as well as All the separate
domain's
> in a same forest through a common MMC?


Build the MMC yourself --

Start->Run-> msc /a (but that is the default.)

And add all of the domains to the same console.

--
Herb Martin


>
> Sin
Anonymous
December 13, 2004 2:40:56 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.active_directory (More info?)

Thanks for clarifying.
Sin
"Herb Martin" wrote:

> "Sin Joe" <SinJoe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:9DB52D45-C457-4D46-8A84-E40CA8ECBC14@microsoft.com...
> > HI, How can i see all the parent-child as well as All the separate
> domain's
> > in a same forest through a common MMC?
>
>
> Build the MMC yourself --
>
> Start->Run-> msc /a (but that is the default.)
>
> And add all of the domains to the same console.
>
> --
> Herb Martin
>
>
> >
> > Sin
>
>
>
Related resources
Anonymous
December 13, 2004 3:39:42 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.active_directory (More info?)

Build your own MMC taskpad.

Type mmc
select file | add/remove snapin
select add
select active directory users and computers for each domain you want to display
Once done adding the plugins, go in and change the domain to proper domain for
several plugins and make sure you check the box that says "save this domain
setting for the current console".
save the console to some nice name
use that nice name.msc to call up that console later.

joe

--
Joe Richards Microsoft MVP Windows Server Directory Services
www.joeware.net


Sin Joe wrote:
> HI, How can i see all the parent-child as well as All the separate domain's
> in a same forest through a common MMC?
>
> Sin
Anonymous
December 13, 2004 3:39:43 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.active_directory (More info?)

hey guys ,
thanks for the quick response..
Here is another one...So that means by default i I can't view PARENT- CHILD
dopmain in the same MMC untill added through snap-ins?

What sort of design is this for a Database, if i can not view the child
entries...?


please comment.
Thanks

"Joe Richards [MVP]" wrote:

> Build your own MMC taskpad.
>
> Type mmc
> select file | add/remove snapin
> select add
> select active directory users and computers for each domain you want to display
> Once done adding the plugins, go in and change the domain to proper domain for
> several plugins and make sure you check the box that says "save this domain
> setting for the current console".
> save the console to some nice name
> use that nice name.msc to call up that console later.
>
> joe
>
> --
> Joe Richards Microsoft MVP Windows Server Directory Services
> www.joeware.net
>
>
> Sin Joe wrote:
> > HI, How can i see all the parent-child as well as All the separate domain's
> > in a same forest through a common MMC?
> >
> > Sin
>
Anonymous
December 13, 2004 3:58:37 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.active_directory (More info?)

"Sin Joe" <SinJoe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:0AF213A6-FE73-4F9C-89D7-32618F989489@microsoft.com...
> hey guys ,
> thanks for the quick response..
> Here is another one...So that means by default i I can't view PARENT-
CHILD
> dopmain in the same MMC untill added through snap-ins?
>
> What sort of design is this for a Database, if i can not view the child
> entries...?


Each domain is a separate database.


--
Herb Martin


>
>
> please comment.
> Thanks
>
> "Joe Richards [MVP]" wrote:
>
> > Build your own MMC taskpad.
> >
> > Type mmc
> > select file | add/remove snapin
> > select add
> > select active directory users and computers for each domain you want to
display
> > Once done adding the plugins, go in and change the domain to proper
domain for
> > several plugins and make sure you check the box that says "save this
domain
> > setting for the current console".
> > save the console to some nice name
> > use that nice name.msc to call up that console later.
> >
> > joe
> >
> > --
> > Joe Richards Microsoft MVP Windows Server Directory Services
> > www.joeware.net
> >
> >
> > Sin Joe wrote:
> > > HI, How can i see all the parent-child as well as All the separate
domain's
> > > in a same forest through a common MMC?
> > >
> > > Sin
> >
Anonymous
December 13, 2004 8:35:21 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.active_directory (More info?)

Use adsiedit and point at a GC. A GC is the only DCs with a listing of all
objects for the forest. A DC will only have objects for the 2 forest partitions
and the default domain partition.

Alternatively make your own GUI tool to display the info, you can display it any
way you feel you want it displayed then.

joe

--
Joe Richards Microsoft MVP Windows Server Directory Services
www.joeware.net


Sin Joe wrote:
> hey guys ,
> thanks for the quick response..
> Here is another one...So that means by default i I can't view PARENT- CHILD
> dopmain in the same MMC untill added through snap-ins?
>
> What sort of design is this for a Database, if i can not view the child
> entries...?
>
>
> please comment.
> Thanks
>
> "Joe Richards [MVP]" wrote:
>
>
>>Build your own MMC taskpad.
>>
>>Type mmc
>>select file | add/remove snapin
>>select add
>>select active directory users and computers for each domain you want to display
>>Once done adding the plugins, go in and change the domain to proper domain for
>>several plugins and make sure you check the box that says "save this domain
>>setting for the current console".
>>save the console to some nice name
>>use that nice name.msc to call up that console later.
>>
>> joe
>>
>>--
>>Joe Richards Microsoft MVP Windows Server Directory Services
>>www.joeware.net
>>
>>
>>Sin Joe wrote:
>>
>>>HI, How can i see all the parent-child as well as All the separate domain's
>>>in a same forest through a common MMC?
>>>
>>>Sin
>>
Anonymous
December 13, 2004 8:38:21 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.active_directory (More info?)

Create a custom MMC snap-in and have multiple instances of dsa.msc pointing
to different domains.

--

Paul Williams

http://www.msresource.net
http://forums.msresource.net


"Sin Joe" <SinJoe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:9DB52D45-C457-4D46-8A84-E40CA8ECBC14@microsoft.com...
HI, How can i see all the parent-child as well as All the separate domain's
in a same forest through a common MMC?

Sin
!