Gafachi, no dial tone

ChrisR

On occasion I get a dial tone from this provider I can make a call and
all is well. But at the moment nothing appears to be happening, just
low hiss from the earpiece when I press talk. I've followed their basic
configuration guide for the Sipura 2000, am I missing something? Thanks.

Sipura 1001 ATA,
D-Link DSL-504G router.

ChrisR <chrisr@es.co.nz> wrote:
> On occasion I get a dial tone from this provider I can make a call and
> all is well. But at the moment nothing appears to be happening, just
> low hiss from the earpiece when I press talk. I've followed their basic
> configuration guide for the Sipura 2000, am I missing something? Thanks.

What do you have your registration interval set to? If it's more than a
couple minutes, try reducing it.

miguel

"Miguel Cruz" <mnc@admin.u.nu> wrote in message
> ChrisR <chrisr@es.co.nz> wrote:
>> On occasion I get a dial tone from this provider I can make a call and
>> all is well. But at the moment nothing appears to be happening, just
>> low hiss from the earpiece when I press talk. I've followed their
>> basic
>> configuration guide for the Sipura 2000, am I missing something?
>> Thanks.
>
> What do you have your registration interval set to? If it's more than a
> couple minutes, try reducing it.

A couple of minutes..? My registration interval on Sipgate is set to one
hour and I have no problems..!

Ivor

ChrisR

I don't know what the problem is yet. I think that my Dlink may not
like the Sipura ATA....but I have a few things to try...

Miguel Cruz wrote:
> ChrisR <chrisr@es.co.nz> wrote:
>
>>On occasion I get a dial tone from this provider I can make a call and
>>all is well. But at the moment nothing appears to be happening, just
>>low hiss from the earpiece when I press talk. I've followed their basic
>>configuration guide for the Sipura 2000, am I missing something? Thanks.
>

> What do you have your registration interval set to? If it's more than a
> couple minutes, try reducing it.
>
> miguel

ChrisR

I made some progress, and its working for the time being at least. It
would seem that the DHCP server on my Dlink was confounding my Sipura
1001 ATA, or at least not handing out IPs correctly. So, I've disabled
DHCP on the router and specified everything manually. The ATA naturally
needs an IP, netmask and gateway (router address) but it also needs my
provider DNS servers IP as well, I guess in order to look up the Gafachi
proxy. Its working...*for now*.