User attributes question

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
December 13, 2004 2:48:50 PM

If I want to enable a security group to be able to disable user accounts in
AD, what user object attribute do I need to allow the group to change so
they have permissions to disable users? thanks in advance!

Phil Nunn
Anonymous
December 13, 2004 4:53:09 PM

This article may help:

http://www.microsoft.com/WINDOWS2000/techinfo/reskit/de...

Cheers,

John Powell

"Philip Nunn" wrote:

> If I want to enable a security group to be able to disable user accounts in
> AD, what user object attribute do I need to allow the group to change so
> they have permissions to disable users? thanks in advance!
>
> Phil Nunn

Anonymous
December 13, 2004 8:33:14 PM

They have to have write access to userAccountControl. Note that will give
additional capabilities. Do a google search for useraccountcontrol and
enumeration and look at flag enumeration of that attribute.

joe

www.joeware.net

!