AD Security

cerberus

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2003

Hi All

Can some one tell me the best place to get information on "Best Practice in
securing AD" this must include security in actually administrating Active
Directory i.e. deleting OU, Accounts Groups (Global & Local) adding object
ect. It would be helpful if it includes do and don’t.. I work for a big
company and there is a lot of people accessing the AD to do various things so
we just want to limit certain people to do certain thing and nothing more

Thanks

Marcus

Best Practices for Delegating Active Directory Administration:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=631747a3-79e1-48fa-9730-dae7c0a1d6d3&DisplayLang=en

Windows 2003

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/WindowsServ/2003/standard/proddocs/en-us/Default.asp?url=/resources/documentation/WindowsServ/2003/standard/proddocs/en-us/sag_ADbest_top.asp

Plenty of reading and information from those links.

Best regards,

John Powell

"Cerberus" wrote:

> Hi All
>
> Can some one tell me the best place to get information on "Best Practice in
> securing AD" this must include security in actually administrating Active
> Directory i.e. deleting OU, Accounts Groups (Global & Local) adding object
> ect. It would be helpful if it includes do and don’t.. I work for a big
> company and there is a lot of people accessing the AD to do various things so
> we just want to limit certain people to do certain thing and nothing more
>
> Thanks
>
> Marcus

cerberus

Distinguished