Help on Certificate Services

Hello all,

I have just installed Certificate Authority on Windows 2003. So please
pardon me for posting here. I am a true novice, and trying to secure my
Exchange with Microsoft Certificate Authority.

I need to know after installing Certificate Authority, how do I issue the
Certificate, or what goes on the Client Machines? My Server is showing me
that CA is installed, but where are the keys that were supposedly created
(Public, Private)?

Sorry to sound so stupid but I am just learning and will appreciate any help.

Thanks
--
An Avvid Student

I agree with Dave. PKI, especially when done with Exchange, can be tricky
and hard to manage if you haven't planned well. Reading up on it is
probably your best bet.

If you have specific questions though, I and many others would be happy to
help. Give us information like what you are trying to do with your CA (just
do SSL for OWA, signed communications for RPCoHTTP, certificate signing for
users, etc).

Tell us what you're trying to solve, what you've done, and what direction
you need.
--
Ryan Hanisco
MCSE, MCDBA