Help on Certificate Services

Hello all,

I have just installed Certificate Authority on Windows 2003. So please
pardon me for posting here. I am a true novice, and trying to secure my
Exchange with Microsoft Certificate Authority.

I need to know after installing Certificate Authority, how do I issue the
Certificate, or what goes on the Client Machines? My Server is showing me
that CA is installed, but where are the keys that were supposedly created
(Public, Private)?

Sorry to sound so stupid but I am just learning and will appreciate any help.

Thanks
--
An Avvid Student
1 answer Last reply

    I agree with Dave. PKI, especially when done with Exchange, can be tricky
    and hard to manage if you haven't planned well. Reading up on it is
    probably your best bet.

    If you have specific questions though, I and many others would be happy to
    help. Give us information like what you are trying to do with your CA (just
    do SSL for OWA, signed communications for RPCoHTTP, certificate signing for
    users, etc).

    Tell us what you're trying to solve, what you've done, and what direction
    you need.
    --
    Ryan Hanisco
    MCSE, MCDBA

    "ola_atb" <olaatb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hello all,
    >
    > I have just installed Certificate Authority on Windows 2003. So please
    > pardon me for posting here. I am a true novice, and trying to secure my
    > Exchange with Microsoft Certificate Authority.
    >
    > I need to know after installing Certificate Authority, how do I issue the
    > Certificate, or what goes on the Client Machines? My Server is showing me
    > that CA is installed, but where are the keys that were supposedly created
    > (Public, Private)?
    >
    > Sorry to sound so stupid but I am just learning and will appreciate any
    help.

    > Thanks
    > --
    > An Avvid Student

Windows Server 2003 Microsoft Certificate Active Directory Windows