USB printer

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
April 19, 2005 5:22:14 PM

Hi there I have an all in one HP 1210 printer/scanner/copier. It's
connected to a USB port to the computer. I have now attached the
printer to a print server. What happens is that in one of the computer
that used to use the printer, the printer does not appear as an
available printer, as soon as I disconnect the USB cable from the
computer to the printer. The driver is installed on the computer, but
the problem is that now I do not see the printer as available.
Strangely this thing only happens to one computer , all the others are
working fine, ie I do not know if there is a setting on the USB port
that should be changed allowing me to see the printer even when it's
not connected to the PC.
Well I am in deep water, please help.
Paky

More about : usb printer

Anonymous
April 19, 2005 8:58:00 PM

Did you try completely uninstalling it from the PC in question and rebooting
the PC?

Also see Bruce Sanderson's article at:
http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/Printing%20to%20Print%2...
--