cpres

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2006
Trying to find a decent high quality, reasonably priced case. Don't want to really go into the $150-$200 range unless it's well worth it but if it fits my need then so be it.

I heard alot of good things about Lian-Li but the one thing I don't like is every case has the USB and other ports at the bottom. Is there any other Lian-Li cases that have other placements? I been on the website with no luck.

Other then that it looks like for a decent quiet budget case it looks like Thermaltake is the clear choice. The only problem I prefer not to have the window on the side, and Monarch said they only offer the Armour Jr without the window.

In regards to the Armour Jr how bright is the blue fan (in a dark room would it really show up) and is there a way to stop the glow?

Any thoughts would be great.

clue69less

Splendid
Mar 2, 2006
Other then that it looks like for a decent quiet budget case it looks like Thermaltake is the clear choice. The only problem I prefer not to have the window on the side, and Monarch said they only offer the Armour Jr without the window.

I can't remember if it was Newegg or not, but I've seen resellers listing the Armor Jr. without the window. You could start on TTs site and look for a source.

In regards to the Armour Jr how bright is the blue fan (in a dark room would it really show up) and is there a way to stop the glow?

It's not trivial to get to that fan, but it can be replaced in maybe 10 or 15 minutes. So you could pick out a non-LED fan and just swap it out. This would cost a few bucks up to ~$25, depending on what you get. Good quality 12cm fans can be had for 4 to 5 bucks. You can also pull the TT LED fan and cut the lead to the LED. I've done it on a TT fan, pretty simple. It's not super bright but it is obvious in a dark room.

pengwin

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2006
yah, i like TT's sublte blue, i have an 80mm thunderblade, its a lighter shade of blue from the stock case fans. it doesnt burn ur eyes.

cpres

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2006
Well if it a simple wire to pull then great...from what I can tell you can just pull the LED wire and the fan will stay have power. Worse case like you said I will switch it out.

Also in regards to that case, it says two 3.5" external drive bays...is the 2nd one at the bottom?

Also any info the Lian-Li cases without the bottom port support?

clue69less

Splendid
Mar 2, 2006
Also in regards to that case, it says two 3.5" external drive bays...is the 2nd one at the bottom? Also any info the Lian-Li cases without the bottom port support?

The A Jr. lower 3.5 is right above the fan.

There are LLs without the low front panel USB but I don't remember which models.

wun911

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2006
Lian li Snail PC 777 has usb and firewere ontop

there are also new models that have the usb ontop!

why must the USB be ontop does it break your back putting your thumb drive there?

If I had a nice looking lian li it woud be on my desk not on the flor.

pengwin

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2006
Lian li Snail PC 777 has usb and firewere ontop

there are also new models that have the usb ontop!

why must the USB be ontop does it break your back putting your thumb drive there?

If I had a nice looking lian li it woud be on my desk not on the flor.

then you loose desk space and gain floor space. Deakspace is more valued. is like buying a 1 room apartment in new york will cost the same as buying a house in alabama.

i prefer deskspace over floor space.