adrenalin

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2004
So today I goto LAN at my friend's house.

As soon as I turn on my Shuttle, the Shuttle makes beeping noises.

I opened up the Shuttle and listened to where the beeping is coming from the hard-drive itself.

It was working like 40 minutes ago, but now I don't know what the hell is going on.

This is like an expensive hard-drive, and I had a lot of information on it.

What is the problem? Is it dead, or is it just an issue with the computer itself?

Specs are as follow

Shuttle XPC SN25P
AMD Opteron 175
OCZ EL Platinum 2GB (1GBx2) DDR400 Ram
Western Digital Raptor 74GB 10K RPM HDD
Samsung 16X DL DVD+/-RW
BFG GeForce 7900GT OC

Thanks, I hope HB can probably help me with this.

wingsofzion

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2006
Hmm. From the top of my head the beeping noise may be a warning coming from your mobo that it's overheating. Some mobo's from my experience have a warning feature built in that'll sound a beeping alert noise when it is running really hot. What i always did was run the PC with the side panel off so it can be cooled. But this was like back in the day and that is the only situation if have seen that'll cause the alert to go off. The sound may sound like its coming from the HD but it may be coming from the Mobo. If this is the case i'd look into getting a better cooling system for your mobo. Isolate the problem. It seems it only did this when you were at your friends house. See if the problem happens at home.

Wgfalcon

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2006
try reseating you ram and video card. video error is usually a continuos beeping and ram error is usually 2 beep puase 2 beeps continuosly. check the mb manual or manufacturers website for codes specific to your hardware. with you having moved your whole system thats the best place to start.