SATA2/Raid 0 Pro Question!

kanechart

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2006
SATA2/Raid 0 Pro Question!

I'm planning yes
http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku...facture=Seagate
get 4x of them yes I know I could get like a frigan 10k rpm but i need the space bad and also wanted make into a raid 4.

Now my current MB does not handle SATA2 but SATA works. I know SATA2 drives can be converted down and I'm right now using a A8V Deluxe Motherboard.

Now could that motherboard handle 4 sata drives to begin with and also how much power usage would it take right now I have I think a 500 or 600 watt PSU.

This maybe stupid but let me know on your thoughts of the whole raid 0 on 4 drives..

If you can even recomend me a MB that can handle 4x sata2 drives it has be a 64 bit dual core x2 think there 939 AMD..

Thanks.

johngoodwin

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2005
Now my current MB does not handle SATA2 but SATA works. I know SATA2 drives can be converted down and I'm right now using a A8V Deluxe Motherboard.

Now could that motherboard handle 4 sata drives to begin with and also how much power usage would it take right now I have I think a 500 or 600 watt PSU.

This maybe stupid but let me know on your thoughts of the whole raid 0 on 4 drives..

If you can even recomend me a MB that can handle 4x sata2 drives it has be a 64 bit dual core x2 think there 939 AMD..

Thanks.

Are the specs wrong here at Newegg?

A8V Deluxe at Newegg

It appears to support SATA2 w/ 4 drives.

Next, regarding RAID 0 w/ 4 drives, yes do-able, but the big question is if you really need space that bad. Can you backup or afford to lose the data?

My two cents.

John

TRENDING THREADS