need help getting group policys to work

hi all, i am running windows 2003 server and have installed the gpmc pac to
admin my group policys..my problem is i make a gpo for example, a gpo to
remove the the add and remove programs icon from the control panel...i make
the gpo under the domain controllers group in the gpmc and link it o the that
group and select enforce policy..and yet everyone on the network can still
see and accees the add and remove icon..any help or ideas would be great
thanks...

If you link it to the DC OU that won't help much. This is a user policy for
one. And secondly, were it a computer policy, applying it to just the DCs
wouldn't help as users can't logon to DCs (by default) anyway.

If you want this to be domain wide link it to the domain. If you want this
to apply to a sub-set of users, either link it to an OU in which those users
reside, or add the users to a group, link the GPO to the domain, and filter
the GPO to the group.
-- http://www.msresource.net/content/view/15/47/

--

Paul Williams

http://www.msresource.net
http://forums.msresource.net

"carmos" <carmos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
hi all, i am running windows 2003 server and have installed the gpmc pac to
admin my group policys..my problem is i make a gpo for example, a gpo to
remove the the add and remove programs icon from the control panel...i make
the gpo under the domain controllers group in the gpmc and link it o the
that
group and select enforce policy..and yet everyone on the network can still
see and accees the add and remove icon..any help or ideas would be great
thanks...

thanks pt, that helped i got it to work..

"ptwilliams" wrote:

> If you link it to the DC OU that won't help much. This is a user policy for
> one. And secondly, were it a computer policy, applying it to just the DCs
> wouldn't help as users can't logon to DCs (by default) anyway.
>
> If you want this to be domain wide link it to the domain. If you want this
> to apply to a sub-set of users, either link it to an OU in which those users
> reside, or add the users to a group, link the GPO to the domain, and filter
> the GPO to the group.
> -- http://www.msresource.net/content/view/15/47/
>

> --
>
> Paul Williams
>
> http://www.msresource.net
> http://forums.msresource.net
>

> "carmos" <carmos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hi all, i am running windows 2003 server and have installed the gpmc pac to
> admin my group policys..my problem is i make a gpo for example, a gpo to
> remove the the add and remove programs icon from the control panel...i make
> the gpo under the domain controllers group in the gpmc and link it o the
> that
> group and select enforce policy..and yet everyone on the network can still
> see and accees the add and remove icon..any help or ideas would be great
> thanks...

Great!!!

--

Paul Williams