How to setup Additional DC?

Now I have one Windows 2003 DC name Server1, one additional DC name Server2
and one Exchange 2003 (not additional DC). If Server1 fail, Can I use
exchange server? Does exchange automatic use Server2 for DC?

best regards,
Kasem

You need to ensure that both machines are Global Catalog servers, both are
DNS Servers and that **all** clients point to both servers for DNS. This
way you have failover-type redundancy.

You'll have to check that Exchange knows that both machines are DCs and that
they're there for use. I'll leave the exchange side of things to someone
else though ;-)

--

Paul Williams

http://www.msresource.net
http://forums.msresource.net

"Mesak" <Mesak@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
Now I have one Windows 2003 DC name Server1, one additional DC name Server2
and one Exchange 2003 (not additional DC). If Server1 fail, Can I use
exchange server? Does exchange automatic use Server2 for DC?

best regards,
Kasem

TRENDING THREADS