Finished main quest - what now?

I just completed this awesomw game for the first time, with my second
character.
My first character was a Wood-Elf Spellsword, who gained levels way too
fast thanks to Trainers and endless lines of Cliff Racer suiciders, so I
retired him at lvl 22.

My second character was Petrus Octavianus, an Imperial Adventurer.
Being a loyal citizen of the Empire he never joined the Temple or any of
the Three Houses.

I completed the game after 110 days at lvl 24 at which time his skills
were:

Major skills:
Alchemy 65
Armorer 50
Block 64
Enchant 45
Heavy Armor 90

Minor skills:
Long Blade 76
Marksman 39
Mercantile 33
Mystiscism 20
Speechcraft 33

Misc skills:
Acrobatics 27
Athletics 74
Blunt Weapons 29
Security 27

Equipment:
Daedric Katana enchanted to Paralyze for 5 secs, Left and Right Fist of
Randagulf / Sunder, Left Fist of Randagulf, Wraithguard
Masque of Clavius
Ebony Left and Right Pauldron
Ebony Boots
Daedric Tower Shield
Deadric Greaves
Lord's Mail
Lots of Amulets and Rings, some Enchanted to Open Lock 100, Night Eye,
Water Walking and Restore Attributes.

I didn't use any trainers and had the following mods installed:
All the official ones.
Unoffical Patch 1.6.2
Less Agressive Critters (a bit too docile. Anyone know of a mod where
diseased and blighted critters still attack?)
NPC Replacer 3.5 (looks better than the orignal faces, but I'd prefer
more realistic and less photo model)
Fair Game
Potion Sorter (makes life much easier!)
Atmospheric Sound Effects 3.0
Sleep or Suffer (to make things more realistic)
Lights 300_V4 (now torches and Night Eye has a purpose)
Also used the Falling Down mod, where you faint and get reduced stats if
reaching 0 Fatigue, but it didn't work well with constant effects items

All the mods worked fine.

As for the skills, I regret not making Marksman a Major skill or choose
Light instead of Heavy Armour as the progress in Morag Tong and Thieves'
Guild was too slow, so I missed some quests, especially Gentle's plan to
take over the Figher Guild more peacefully.

Even with these mods and never using trainers I feel the game overall was
too easy.
Most memorable fights were the duels against the leader of the Imperial
Legion and the leader of House Redoran.
Since they were *honourable* fights I used no pre-combat buffs or potions
during combat and it was a close call both times at about lvl 20. Getting
in the first swing was important, to avoid falling down and take more
beating.
Apart from this the only monster that were slighly challenging were the
Daedroth with their spells.
Golden Saints were a joke and I never saw any "Ascended Sleepers".
Only saw Vampires after main quest when I looted some Tombs. Killed them
all with *one* swing of Sunder.
Never saw any Liches. Do they exist?

Can anyone recommend some good mods to make the game even more
challenging?

And what should I try next, Bloodmoon or Tribunal, both of which I've
installed? Which one is hardest?

"Seymour C. Moore" wrote:

> NPC Replacer 3.5 (looks better than the orignal faces, but I'd prefer
> more realistic and less photo model)

Where can I download that mod?

On Sun, 18 Apr 2004 21:32:46 GMT, "Seymour C. Moore" <notv@l.id>
wrote:

>And what should I try next, Bloodmoon or Tribunal, both of which I've
>installed? Which one is hardest?

I'd do them in the order they came out - Tribunal and then Bloodmoon.

If you want some mods that add long-term quests, look for Lost Heir -
this adds some Blade quests, and a NPC who can join up with you. And
Infernos Island Revisited adds a new island, with 60-odd quests on it.

I've yet to actually DO any of these quests and my new character is
still level 1. :)

And what's with all the carrots ?

On Sun, 18 Apr 2004 21:32:46 GMT, "Seymour C. Moore" <notv@l.id> wrote:

>Less Agressive Critters (a bit too docile. Anyone know of a mod where
>diseased and blighted critters still attack?)

I use Passive Healthy Wildlife, which I got from Morrowind Summit.

--
Greg Johnson
One tentacle, one vote.

ToolPackinMama wrote:

> "Seymour C. Moore" wrote:
>
> > NPC Replacer 3.5 (looks better than the orignal faces, but I'd prefer
> > more realistic and less photo model)
>
> Where can I download that mod?

Anybody?

Oxide

The NPC Replacer 3.5 can be found here:
http://xoomer.virgilio.it/zerothehero/
The site it's located on seems to require cookies enabled in your
web-browser or somesuch.

Enjoy :)

Regards,
Oxide

Oxide wrote:

> The NPC Replacer 3.5 can be found here:
> http://xoomer.virgilio.it/zerothehero/
> The site it's located on seems to require cookies enabled in your
> web-browser or somesuch.
>
> Enjoy :)

Thanks very much. All other links I tried were dead.

Oxide wrote:

> The NPC Replacer 3.5 can be found here:
> http://xoomer.virgilio.it/zerothehero/
> The site it's located on seems to require cookies enabled in your
> web-browser or somesuch.
>
> Enjoy :)

Bad news. I can't open the file. Winace says the archive is broken.

ToolPackinMama <laura@lauragoodwin.org> spake thus news:408460E7.E7366265
@lauragoodwin.org:

> Oxide wrote:
>>
>> The NPC Replacer 3.5 can be found here:
>> http://xoomer.virgilio.it/zerothehero/
>> The site it's located on seems to require cookies enabled in your
>> web-browser or somesuch.
>>
>> Enjoy :)
>
> Bad news. I can't open the file. Winace says the archive is broken.

How large is the file on your computer?
It should be 13,002 KB.

I can post it in a binaries group if you like.

On Mon, 19 Apr 2004 19:29:43 -0400, ToolPackinMama
<laura@lauragoodwin.org> wrote:

>Oxide wrote:
>>
>> The NPC Replacer 3.5 can be found here:
>> http://xoomer.virgilio.it/zerothehero/
>> The site it's located on seems to require cookies enabled in your
>> web-browser or somesuch.
>>
>> Enjoy :)
>
>Bad news. I can't open the file. Winace says the archive is broken.

Worked for me - try again.

If not, I'll upload it to my website for you tomorrow.

Mark Morrison wrote:

> On Mon, 19 Apr 2004 19:29:43 -0400, ToolPackinMama
> <laura@lauragoodwin.org> wrote:
>
> >Oxide wrote:
> >>
> >> The NPC Replacer 3.5 can be found here:
> >> http://xoomer.virgilio.it/zerothehero/
> >> The site it's located on seems to require cookies enabled in your
> >> web-browser or somesuch.
> >>
> >> Enjoy :)
> >
> >Bad news. I can't open the file. Winace says the archive is broken.
>
> Worked for me - try again.

I DL'd it twice.

> If not, I'll upload it to my website for you tomorrow.

That would be great, thanks.