Questions about New Computer

bjwoo

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2006
About a week ago i bought parts for a new computer from Newegg and some other places and put it together. It seemed to be running ok but when i play games it would crash every hour or so. I thought there might have been a problem with some of the components (or maybe i might have plugged something in incorrectly?). Anyways, i had done some research on overclocking and decided to try running Prime 95 and SuperPi, both of which would return an error after less than 2 minutes. Is it possible that the motherboard or ram is defective??

List of parts:
CPU - AMD 64 3800+ Orleans
MB - Asus M2N-SLI Deluxe
Video Card - eVGA GeForce 7600GT
RAM - 2 x 1 GB Corsair XMS DDR2-800
Case - Antec Sonata II w/ 450 Watt Power Supply

I have tried plugging in only 1 stick of ram and the result is the same so i am thinking that the motherboard is the problem, but im still very unsure since the computer still runs ok 99% of the time.

Thanks in advance to any help you could give me.

1Tanker

Splendid
Apr 28, 2006
About a week ago i bought parts for a new computer from Newegg and some other places and put it together. It seemed to be running ok but when i play games it would crash every hour or so. I thought there might have been a problem with some of the components (or maybe i might have plugged something in incorrectly?). Anyways, i had done some research on overclocking and decided to try running Prime 95 and SuperPi, both of which would return an error after less than 2 minutes. Is it possible that the motherboard or ram is defective??

List of parts:
CPU - AMD 64 3800+ Orleans
MB - Asus M2N-SLI Deluxe
Video Card - eVGA GeForce 7600GT
RAM - 2 x 1 GB Corsair XMS DDR2-800
Case - Antec Sonata II w/ 450 Watt Power Supply

I have tried plugging in only 1 stick of ram and the result is the same so i am thinking that the motherboard is the problem, but im still very unsure since the computer still runs ok 99% of the time.

Thanks in advance to any help you could give me.
You mention that you Googled overclocking, but didn't mention if your CPU is overclocked, and if so...to what speed?