Adding a Windows Server 2003 member server to a current 20..

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
December 16, 2004 11:36:12 AM

I have a Windows 2000 domain running in Native Mode. I'd like to add a
Windows Server 2003 box as a member server only. If I don't plan on
migrating my domain to 2003 yet, is this a bad idea. I only want to
use this server for MS Project Server and not a domain controller.
Will this 2003 server assume the role of a DC or try to promote itself
to that role? Will it effect my 2000 domain in any way to add a 2003
member server to the domain???

Thank you
Anonymous
December 16, 2004 2:40:41 PM

Install worry free as a member server. You would have to run dcpromo before
anything to worry about.

!