Adding a Windows Server 2003 member server to a current 20..

I have a Windows 2000 domain running in Native Mode. I'd like to add a
Windows Server 2003 box as a member server only. If I don't plan on
migrating my domain to 2003 yet, is this a bad idea. I only want to
use this server for MS Project Server and not a domain controller.
Will this 2003 server assume the role of a DC or try to promote itself
to that role? Will it effect my 2000 domain in any way to add a 2003
member server to the domain???

Thank you
1 answer Last reply
More about adding windows server 2003 member server current

    Install worry free as a member server. You would have to run dcpromo before
    anything to worry about.

    "bjriffel@hotmaildotcom" <bjriffel@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > I have a Windows 2000 domain running in Native Mode. I'd like to add a
    > Windows Server 2003 box as a member server only. If I don't plan on
    > migrating my domain to 2003 yet, is this a bad idea. I only want to
    > use this server for MS Project Server and not a domain controller.
    > Will this 2003 server assume the role of a DC or try to promote itself
    > to that role? Will it effect my 2000 domain in any way to add a 2003
    > member server to the domain???
    >
    > Thank you

Domain Windows Server 2003 Servers Windows