Using a Win2000 Enterprise CA with PPC 2003 wireless EAP-TLS

a b F Wireless
November 29, 2004 7:44:00 PM

Is it possible for a PocketPC to authenticate using EAP-TLS over
wireless,using a certificate from an Active Directory integrated
Windows 2000 Enterprise CA?

Would there be any special considerations (certificate type, mapping
certs manually to accounts in AD, etc) involved?

We have several wireless pocket PC devices that will be transmitting
data to our JDE system. We would like to deploy an AD integrated
Enterprise CA structure to issue those certificates (with a Cisco
RADIUS server in the middle).

Is this a viable infrastructure? I can't find any definitive
information from MS on whether or not this is even possible.

I'd rather not have to go standalone root CA unless absolutely
necessary as our architecture board is sold on going enterprise CA for
everything.

Any advice on whether or not this is doable, and any additional hints
and tricks would be greatly appreciated.
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
November 30, 2004 2:46:39 AM

I was using certs from a win2k server ca for my wireless and had no problems
with it at all. I was using ias as my radius server and everything worked
well. I'm in the process of upgraing all servers to win2k3 so I can't
comment on how well that works or not, but for win2k ca you shouldn't have
any problems.

rights...

!