Sign in with
Your question

Is SLI possible in the ASRock SLI motherboards?

Last response: in Motherboards
July 1, 2006 10:24:09 AM

Well, I've been eyeing some of the SLI boards by ASRock using ULi chip, especially the 939SLI32-eSATA2 board. But then I've had people telling me that there's no support for SLI from Nvidia drivers on any of these boards from ASRock, as Nvidia does not support use of SLI on a non-Nvidia chipset. Is this true? Or has this issue been rectified by modded drivers and/or a change of heart from Nvidia? If drivers exist, links to their location would be much appreciated!! :D 

July 1, 2006 12:12:31 PM

A good place to find info about the asrock motherboards is at ocworkbench. Just check out the forum for Asrock and the info you need will be there. Good luck on your machine.
July 1, 2006 2:46:34 PM

Quote:
Well, I've been eyeing some of the SLI boards by ASRock using ULi chip, especially the 939SLI32-eSATA2 board. But then I've had people telling me that there's no support for SLI from Nvidia drivers on any of these boards from ASRock, as Nvidia does not support use of SLI on a non-Nvidia chipset. Is this true? Or has this issue been rectified by modded drivers and/or a change of heart from Nvidia? If drivers exist, links to their location would be much appreciated!! :D 

it supports SLi but its not certified because it doesnt use the NF4 chipset. Nvidia owns ULi and u can get drivers to support SLI from somewhere.
Related resources
July 1, 2006 5:56:50 PM

Quote:

Here is a link
July 1, 2006 6:37:39 PM

@ muffin and pengwin: thanks for the help ppl. :D  I've already seen the list of dual gfx support list on the ASRock site, where there is support for only Asus cards upto the 7800GTX with driver 81.98(here). But I was wondering whether anyone had successfully used newer drivers and/or newer cards in SLi on the board? Just looking to see if it has any great future upgrade potential with newer card based SLI. :) 

@ Pat: if google could solve all my problems, I wouldn't be here. :roll:
July 1, 2006 9:12:21 PM

Quote:
@ muffin and pengwin: thanks for the help ppl. :D  I've already seen the list of dual gfx support list on the ASRock site, where there is support for only Asus cards upto the 7800GTX with driver 81.98(here). But I was wondering whether anyone had successfully used newer drivers and/or newer cards in SLi on the board? Just looking to see if it has any great future upgrade potential with newer card based SLI. :) 

@ Pat: if google could solve all my problems, I wouldn't be here. :roll:

heres the thing ppl who can afford SLi cards can afford the NF4 SLi chipset. Nevertheless u'll be fine if u tried 7900GT's im pretty sure.
!