Corrupted user account?

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
December 17, 2004 1:04:04 PM

Hi guys,

I have a user that I believe has a corrupted user account. USER-A has
been having some weird issues using Outlook 2000 sp3.

1) In Outlook 2000 sp3, She receives multiple read receipts from her
manager for items that might have been read 2 weeks prior. She
receives anywhere from 1-5 read receipts for the same message.

2) When she uses Outlook 2000 from another computer, she intermittently
has issues viewing her manager's calendar. It shows some time slots as
busy when they are indeed free.

3) USERA is owner of a security group called Sales Department.
However, when she tries to add or delete a member from the group in
Outlook, she gets a message: "Changes to the distribution list
membership could not
be saved. You do not have permission to perform this operation on this
object." Me, being a domain admin, am able to make changes for her.

She was able to change membership a few weeks ago. Nothing has been
changed. I have gone into AD and added her to the "Managed by" field
to see if that worked, as it didn't.

I believe all these problems started happening after we upgraded our
mail server from exchange 5.5 to 2000. She is the only user with these
WEIRD problems. If I must recreate her user account (I would like to
keep her username the same) and reattach her mailbox to her user
acount. What is the best method/tool to do this?
Thanks in advance!

Todd

More about : corrupted user account

Anonymous
December 20, 2004 1:48:20 PM

It sounds like a big mess (most probably becausesome default permissions
where removed/changed) ... I guess you're facing several different issues
all together ... If you really need to recover the info you may try doing an
NTBackup and restring somewhere else ... NTBackup should be able to access
the files with no problems.

If this doesn'twork you may try installing a new windows server from scratch
and taking ownership of this disk (but this as a last resort)

Hope it helps,
--
Pablo E. Colazurdo

!