Event ID 2510 on PDC emulator

I've got a W2K PDC emulator that logs 50-100 "Event ID 2510 - Server
service could not map error code 1722" events per day. The only thing I
can find on the web (MS included) references problems with print monitors,
but this server has only the default monitors and the Spooler service is
disabled.

We had this problem on the old NT4 PDC as well before we up graded to W2K
2 1/2 years ago. Error code 1722 means "The RPC server is unavaliable"
but is the server logging this error because its own RPC service is
unavailable to other devices or because a server that it's trying to reach
is unavailable?

Ted Wood
1 answer Last reply
More about event 2510 emulator

    have you seen this:
    http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=2510&eventno=561&source=Srv&phase=1
    http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=2510&eventno=559&source=Server&phase=1

    --
    Andrei Ungureanu
    www.eventid.net

    "Ted Wood" <ted.wood@eawood.com> wrote in message
    > I've got a W2K PDC emulator that logs 50-100 "Event ID 2510 - Server
    > service could not map error code 1722" events per day. The only thing I
    > can find on the web (MS included) references problems with print monitors,
    > but this server has only the default monitors and the Spooler service is
    > disabled.
    >
    > We had this problem on the old NT4 PDC as well before we up graded to W2K
    > 2 1/2 years ago. Error code 1722 means "The RPC server is unavaliable"
    > but is the server logging this error because its own RPC service is
    > unavailable to other devices or because a server that it's trying to reach
    > is unavailable?
    >
    > Ted Wood

Servers Emulator Event Id Windows