filter to deny access based on group membership

jaime

I'm using the mod_auth_ldap with apache to attempt to block access to a
directory based on group membership. I've successfully bound to the
active directory server and authenticated with my user id but I cannot
seem to get the filter right to find the group memberships by id. I
have no idea what the syntax should be. Here is what I have:

require filter "(&(groupmembership=ABC*))"

Can this be done? How do I find out if they are a member of a group if
there are many groups listed?

The Attribute name is MemberOf ... but this will return an array of all the
groups a user is member of ... so you may need to iterate through the array
to check if the group is there

Hope it helps,
Pablo E. Colazurdo