Different printer configs- install as "separate printers?"

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
a b Ô Samsung
April 20, 2005 3:07:14 AM

We have a Samsung printer that can print double-sided. At present we
have to set the double-sided option through printer properties each
time we want to print from an application.

Can we do a second install of this printer, where double-sided is on
by default?

We have our printer connected directly to our network hub.

We thank you.

--Maggie--

PS: Bloody awful, the way the royals are carrying about these days.
Anonymous
a b Ô Samsung
April 20, 2005 1:53:08 PM

Lady Margaret Thatcher wrote:

> We have a Samsung printer that can print double-sided. At present we
> have to set the double-sided option through printer properties each
> time we want to print from an application.
>
> Can we do a second install of this printer, where double-sided is on
> by default?
>
> We have our printer connected directly to our network hub.
>
> We thank you.
>
> --Maggie--
>
> PS: Bloody awful, the way the royals are carrying about these days.

Yes, you can usually set up a second printer option with selected
properties.