Search for CSV list of users

Is there a built-in tool in W2K/2K3 to search for a list of users/groups
based on the input from a csv source file displaying those that are present
and those that are not present? I'm not aware of one if there is? Or am I
better of just writing a little utility to do this?

Thanks

Allen Davis

You'll have to write a little ADSI utility.

--
Ryan Hanisco
MCSE, MCDBA

"Allen Davis" <AllenDavis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there a built-in tool in W2K/2K3 to search for a list of users/groups
> based on the input from a csv source file displaying those that are
present
> and those that are not present? I'm not aware of one if there is? Or am I
> better of just writing a little utility to do this?
>
> Thanks
>
> Allen Davis

Easiest way to do this is VBScript using ADO.

Here's more or less what you want:
-- http://www.rlmueller.net/ADOSearchTips.htm

Just tweak Richard's script to suit your needs. Utilise the LDAP query,
instead of any fancy coding ;-)

--

Paul Williams

http://www.msresource.net